I have a 9550 unlocked. I have a data plan. Everything works (email, text, phone) on the ATT network but no matter what I do I can't get MMS to work.

I've tried re-uploading the books, calling ATT and have them re-sending the books, nothing I've read or seen has worked.

Are there any idea's out there? Is there a way to just get the service book for MMS and upload it to the phone? When I go into the 'service books' on my phone MMS is the only one not present.

Thanks so much in advance

Dave
    03-15-10 01:32 PM
    03-15-10 03:05 PM
    I tried that link and did the steps for the 9530, I still can't get mine to work either.
    03-31-10 09:20 PM
    I'm not sure this will help, but when I had a Storm 1 on Att I had to call and have them add messaging to my account. I guess it needed to be turned on or something. I guess if you've called them then this probably won't be the fix, but I thought I'd mention it.
    03-31-10 09:30 PM
    same problem here. Unlocked Storm 9550, ATT w/ BB plan, Email/sms/browser etc. all work. MMS still says "No MMS Service Record, message cannot be sent." I wonder what the deal is?

and yes, ive been thru the howto get all features post. That's why I'm posting here...
    04-07-10 12:15 AM
    sdln28
    sdln28 no está en línea Stack level 1 sdln28 Average

Quote Originally Posted by sbsoswat View Post
    I have made countless attempts get the browser icon to stay on for more than a few seconds. I followed the CrackUtil instructions exactly and satll the browser or MMS doesnt work. I used Desktop Manager like instructed. Only thing I did not do was install BB device software. This this make a difference?
    - here is what you need to do - go to options / advanced options / service books - show your keyboard - type 4?2? - you will get a message "Legasy SB Enabled" - then connect to desktop manager - go to restore - advanced - now open and load the att service books provided in the artical that did not work - move them over to to your phone and then send service books to get your mail back - FIXED! Now go to browser options, and you will see you can select Internet browser, Hot Spot browser, Blackberry browser ...... Your best choice is Internet Browser. Sometimes on reboot you have to do this again, but with all the memory in the 9550 you shuold not have to reboot very often, seems sometimes on reboot for some reason the service books are overwritten (I have not figured that out yet, but net software release this should go away - remember it is a world phone).

Good Luck ;o)

just found this on pinstack.com. works so far for me. guess everyone says when you reboot the phone it gets reset tho...
    04-07-10 11:14 PM
    i dont even get the message when i type 4?2?
    05-01-10 04:11 PM
    my friends that have a unlocked phone on att have no problems weird...
    05-01-10 10:34 PM
    Here I had the same problems and followed the guide below.
    05-20-10 03:21 PM
    Does this guide work?? I will find out later tonight. I have a friend that has a 9550 on AT&T. I will tell her to report back on this thread
    05-20-10 04:14 PM
    Thanks APALM...worked like a charm. YEAH
    05-20-10 09:07 PM
    Thanks APALM...worked like a charm. YEAH
    I told you I would find out. half_pass sent me a mms tonight Thanks for posting the pdf file APALM
    05-20-10 10:05 PM
    AM reporting: phone rebooted over the night and lost the MMS file from the service books! Whose issue would this be, RIM or AT&T? I had a Storm1 on AT&T, and this did not happen. I am perplexed over this one....

But in the end, all AT&T users-looks like we have to redo these steps everyday or turn off the QuickPull App. Thank goodness it only take a few minutes to get the MMS file back in the service books. The draw back is not everyone walks around with their laptop giving them readily access to Desktop Mgr to do it.
    05-21-10 07:23 AM
    becareful when messing with service books. I tried the legacy thing and then installing ATT's over top, like the guide posted above (did it a while ago), and only thing that did was give me MMS until I rebooted, but it also made my browser remove after a reboot, which i never had prior. I ended up wiping my phone and dealing with no MMS. Browser is much more important.

After reading a ton of these ATT unlocked threads, the steps taken may act completely different from phone to phone. What can work for someone easily may not work for someone else.
    05-21-10 10:04 AM
    I'm not sure this will help, but when I had a Storm 1 on Att I had to call and have them add messaging to my account. I guess it needed to be turned on or something. I guess if you've called them then this probably won't be the fix, but I thought I'd mention it.
    did you have to pay more? What type of messaging did you ask for? picture messaging, MMS, or just say to "add messaging"? Surely the ATT CS wont have a freaking clue unless I spell it out for them.
    05-21-10 10:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD