05-05-10 10:13 PM
51 123
tools
    WOW, this is great news!!!, I emailed this guy as well, but he didnt confirm that the gameday service would be avail for storm, just that "something" was comming for the storm...
    This takes a load off my mind, coooooome on opening day..

Go Sox!!!!
    awesome! and Go Sox is right!
    03-31-09 09:31 AM
    MLB Mobile Premium is $14.99 for the entire season, including playoffs and World Series, and IS available for the Storm... it says so right on the MLB website. I have a Storm and just signed up.

Problem is, I am having trouble streaming the games. I keep getting an error message. Not sure if it has something to do with the fact that I live in Canada.
    Last edited by 23collector; 04-18-09 at 11:17 PM.
    04-18-09 11:12 PM
    I highly recommend this product. After a few early season glitches it has turned it something pretty darned good.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-18-09 11:14 PM
    Isn't radio free?
    04-19-09 06:52 AM
    Isn't radio free?
    not in this case: MLB is giving you full access to all team games, all the time, no blackout dates. So while the air time itself is part of your contract with your carrier, the access to all of the broadcasts is not
    04-19-09 12:15 PM
    I highly recommend this product. After a few early season glitches it has turned it something pretty darned good.

Thanks, I am thinking of getting this. I live far away from my favorite team,

Go Mariners.
    04-19-09 01:42 PM
    My experience is mixed. The quality is pretty mediocre. WGN (the Cubs' feed) is very poor; the connection goes on and off constantly. It is so bad that yesterday I listened to the Cardinals' feed instead (You Cubs' fans can understand how bad that would have to be!!)

That said, being able to listen to the Cubs in my car from Ohio is awesome, even if the quality is not great. BTW, MLB sucks. I have to pay separately for MLB-extra, MLB-game day audio, MLB-BB.

And MLB-BB is 15 for the whole season, much better than 5/month.
    04-19-09 02:35 PM
    i wish they would do MLB TV too!
    04-20-09 07:41 PM
    i just wish i could get the local a.m. radio stations to come through one of the apps. i <3 a.m. radio baseball game calls!
    i might shell out for the service, and i'll report back my findings, very detailed and in depth. (i like a lot of baseball)
    04-20-09 07:44 PM
    I am upset that bluetooth wireless speakers I have will not work with mlb gameday audio on my phone, when will this work!!!
    04-20-09 08:43 PM
    The only thing that bothers me is the price difference. For the iPod touch or iPhone it's $9.99 while it costs $14.99 for the Blackberry. Since I generally only listen to the games while at home, I paid the cheaper price and put in on the iPod and listen via wifi.
    05-11-09 01:52 AM
    The only thing that bothers me is the price difference. For the iPod touch or iPhone it's $9.99 while it costs $14.99 for the Blackberry. Since I generally only listen to the games while at home, I paid the cheaper price and put in on the iPod and listen via wifi.
    Their pricing is stupid. I signed up for Gameday Audio for the year and a few weeks later I found out they had a BB version. So I emailed them asking if they could switch it since it was the same price - nada. Then I asked if they could refund my gameday audio subscription.... a month later after they said they would submit it to be cancelled but nothing has happened.

There should be one subscription for ANY gameday audio - be it through PC, Phone, etc.
    05-11-09 08:46 AM
    If you're a yankees fan download nobex and listen to 1050am from nyc.

05-11-09 09:36 AM
    MLB Premium Is worth the $!!! I only paid 2.99 a month. Diehard red soxs fan and i love the audio(sound quality iffy) and the video. The video is amazing. 5 minutes after a good play or run scoring play, the video clip is up. Also, the stats are phenominal!!!! Couldnt be any happier since i bought this Premium package!!!!!
    05-11-09 12:55 PM
    Does the storm on Verizon offer this mlb audio?

Thanks! Newbie here and with the storm , learning as I go!
    Last edited by mr_braver23; 05-17-09 at 12:29 PM. Reason: wrong model
    05-17-09 12:12 PM
    Does the storm on Verizon offer this mlb audio?

Thanks! Newbie here and with the storm , learning as I go!
    Yes they have MLB Premium and that is support on the BB storm. When your purchase it you get Gameday and in the upper right hand corner you click on the Audio button and you get to chose from two options, audio for the away team and audio for the home team. You can also get highlight videos to
    Last edited by Raven2260; 05-17-09 at 01:48 PM.
    05-17-09 01:46 PM
    I'm debating on getting this, I'm just curious is this a native Storm app (uses the touchscreen natively, etc) or is it one of those compatibility mode apps? Any screenshots on the Storm?
    05-21-09 09:41 PM
    I'm debating on getting this, I'm just curious is this a native Storm app (uses the touchscreen natively, etc) or is it one of those compatibility mode apps? Any screenshots on the Storm?
    Its not really a app what you do is go to the mobile mlb.com website and click on one of the games in progress. After you do that if your not login already you will see a option at the top of your screen that says somthing to the effect of Subscribe to MLB Game Day. From there on the top left corner of the screen you will see Video and Audio if you click on audio you can hear the local broadcast for both teams. Here is a picture of how it looks like MLB.com Mobile Premium | MLB.com: Mobile

But its not a app you download. I love it I have the Yankees shortcut on my blackberry storm so when there playing games I can just click on the shortcut click on there game and listen to the game.
    05-21-09 11:30 PM
    Is there any other blackberrys this is available on using Verizon?
    05-24-09 01:39 PM
    All

05-24-09 02:56 PM
    I have been using MLB Premium on my Verizon Storm since opening day ...as long as you have a good signal, it seems to work flawlessly and doesn't use lots of memory. It really is amazing how fast stats and video are updated.
    05-24-09 05:58 PM
    The reason I'm asking is on MLB site it says the MLB prem package is only avaiable on 3 models. Only one on verizon,that being the Storm. My brother is interested in getting the curve but its not showing its avaiable on the newer curve which Verizon doesnt carry.
    05-24-09 10:52 PM
    Are you able to get both the audio and gameday information at the same time? When I at the gameday screen and click on audio, I get a separate media player screen. When I try to switch to browser, it just displays the media player screen.

I wonder if this is just me or is this the norm?
    06-13-09 05:33 PM
    So I wrote MLB Mobile about BB's getting video, and...
    "Lucas,

Thanks for the note and your interest. Unfortunately, the technology currently available on blackberries isnít consistent enough to support a quality live video feed. While we would love to support live video on the Blackberry, we just havenít found a reliable method of doing so yet. I can assure you itís on our product map, but we have no official timeline as to when it might be available. Could be a few yearsÖ

Regards,

Ari Bencuya
    Sr. Coordinator, Mobile Team"
    06-22-09 10:59 AM
    What about "archives" of previous games? Can MLB make them available on Gameday and Mobile Premium?
    06-22-09 11:02 AM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD