Was just looking at the mlb.com site, and in the mobile section under gameday audio, it now says:

MLB.com Mobile Gameday Audio� for BlackBerry
    Live Baseball Audio broadcasts are coming to select BlackBerry devices for the 2009 MLB season. More details coming soon.

I REALLY hope the Storm is one of them. You would think it would be right? MLB Gameday is the ONLY thing I would have missed from my Treo once the season starts.
    03-29-09 01:08 PM
    Is game day a paying baseball game streaming app or is it off mlb.com? How much was it? I'd love to listen to games on my bb!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-09 01:22 PM
    Is game day a paying baseball game streaming app or is it off mlb.com? How much was it? I'd love to listen to games on my bb!

Yes, it is $4.99/month and you get EVERY game, both teams radio broadcast.
    03-29-09 01:24 PM
    I would love this to be on the Storm. I work two jobs so I don't have much time to watch my Cubs and Yanks on the tube. $5 a month is a steal considering you get every teams broadcast.

03-29-09 01:31 PM
    I would love this to be on the Storm. I work two jobs so I don't have much time to watch my Cubs and Yanks on the tube. $5 a month is a steal considering you get every teams broadcast.

Yeah, I had it on my Treo, and it's GREAT! You are right about it being a steal at $5/month... don't tell anybody but I would pay a lot more. I really hope this gets worked out for the Storm.
    03-29-09 01:33 PM
    That is too good of a deal to pass up even if I don't really follow baseball that much.
    03-29-09 01:44 PM
    I just received a reply to an email I sent to MLB.

"Do you know if one of the devices will be the Storm? Will this service be ready for opening day? Thank you very much."

Yes and Yes. On your storm the service will be called MLB.com Mobile Premium and it will include Gameday Audio

Regards,

Adam Ritter
    MLB Advanced Media

This is GREAT news!
    03-29-09 01:49 PM
    What if we already have a subscription to Gameday Audio? Is the app free? or do we have to pay $4.99/month extra
    03-29-09 02:11 PM
    What if we already have a subscription to Gameday Audio? Is the app free? or do we have to pay $4.99/month extra
    It is a separate service. I had the MLB.tv package last year, which includes the Gameday Audio service (for the PC), but I still had to pay the $4.99 for the Gameday Audio for my mobile device.
    03-29-09 02:16 PM
    Cool. Can't wait to play baseball this summer haha.
    03-29-09 02:25 PM
    I might be tempted to drop five bucks a month for this since I am out side all the time and i live too far away to get the Phils on the radio.
    03-29-09 02:59 PM
    I might be tempted to drop five bucks a month for this since I am out side all the time and i live too far away to get the Phils on the radio.
    I think I'll be $5 lighter a month as well. I'm just worried about my battery life 5 innings in. Won't stop me from trying it out though. Go Phillies!

03-29-09 03:21 PM
    Yeah the battery life might be an issue. I wonder how much more life I would get out of a extended battery? But I can usually go 6+ hours on Slacker and use up 75% of my battery, so maybe I will be able to listen to a whole game.
    03-29-09 03:33 PM
    I have a curve with an extended battery usually don't have to charge it for 5 days pretty nice. Go Angels!!!
    03-29-09 03:50 PM
    Am i missing something here? You can just setup the radio station that airs your team on Moodio and just stream that way for FREE.
    03-29-09 07:22 PM
    Am i missing something here? You can just setup the radio station that airs your team on Moodio and just stream that way for FREE.
    The stations that carry MLB games do not stream live during game broadcasts. They usually play "best of" type stuff or material from earlier in the day.
    03-29-09 07:25 PM

"Do you know if one of the devices will be the Storm? Will this service be ready for opening day? Thank you very much."

Yes and Yes. On your storm the service will be called MLB.com Mobile Premium and it will include Gameday Audio

Regards,

Adam Ritter
    MLB Advanced Media

This is GREAT news!
    lol! Back when I had the MLB video replays on my Samsung this is the same guy that replied to my questions.
    03-29-09 07:33 PM
    lol! Back when I had the MLB video replays on my Samsung this is the same guy that replied to my questions.
    Oh yeah? His responses have been super fast. Was his info usually accurate? At this point, if I CAN'T get Gameday Audio this season I will be really disappointed.
    03-29-09 07:36 PM
    The stations that carry MLB games do not stream live during game broadcasts. They usually play "best of" type stuff or material from earlier in the day.
    Really? Hmm interesting. Thanks.
    03-29-09 08:02 PM
    This sounds awesome. I hope it comes out soon. Barely a week before the season starts! I'm a misplaced Red Sox fan (living in NYC) so when I'm not around the internet I'd love to be able to listen to Sox games.
    03-30-09 11:14 AM
    Just visited mlb.com and the Mobile Gameday Audio page has been updated since yesterday. It now offers "At Bat" for the Iphone. There is a "lite" free version, or a pay app that includes the Gameday Audio. The pay app is $9.99, but I don't think there is a monthly fee. I wonder if the Blackberry app will be the same structure.
    03-30-09 11:17 AM
    Just visited mlb.com and the Mobile Gameday Audio page has been updated since yesterday. It now offers "At Bat" for the Iphone. There is a "lite" free version, or a pay app that includes the Gameday Audio. The pay app is $9.99, but I don't think there is a monthly fee. I wonder if the Blackberry app will be the same structure.
    I hope so. That "At Bat" app looks pretty nice.
    03-30-09 12:35 PM
    ya i have trouble paying for mlb audio, since I subscribe to xm radio and have a portable xm radio, if they do the at bat app and its a onetime charge, now that I would be ALL over in a heart beat!
    03-30-09 12:54 PM
    Well, I'm in to for 5 bucks a month. Just checked at mlb - here is what is there
    MLB.com Mobile Gameday Audio� for BlackBerry

Live Baseball Audio broadcasts are coming to select BlackBerry devices for the 2009 MLB season. More details coming soon.

There is a link for the iphone, so they have it working there.
    03-30-09 06:16 PM

Regards,

Adam Ritter
    MLB Advanced Media

This is GREAT news!
    WOW, this is great news!!!, I emailed this guy as well, but he didnt confirm that the gameday service would be avail for storm, just that "something" was comming for the storm...
    This takes a load off my mind, coooooome on opening day..

Go Sox!!!!
    03-31-09 08:30 AM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD