Anybody else experiencing a serious (60 second) delay with this app? I have a coworker running it on an Android device and we are listening to the same broadcast and their's is running about 1 minute ahead of mine. I've already stopped and restarted the stream and closed and restarted the app, but the delay remains. What's even more weird is the scoreboard/Gameday screen updates without the delay (it will say batter 4 is up, but batter 2 is up on my audio). Any suggestions or ideas?
    04-05-10 01:17 PM
    Are they running the same program on android?
    04-05-10 01:48 PM
    Are they running the same program on android?
    yes MLB At Bat 2010, same program, same broadcast
    04-05-10 02:03 PM
    Welcome to the world of the NOC! Are you using BES? If not try WIFI? But a BES on 3G is gonna be a little behind.
    04-05-10 03:07 PM
    nope, I;m on BIS. I can deal with a few second delay, in fact I had MLB Gameday Audio last year for the MLB playoffs and that was a few seconds behind (it was a straight stream from the MLB.com mobile site not an app). but over a minute is ridiculous, especially when their Gameday section updates on time!
    04-05-10 03:55 PM
    Anyone had any luck getting the upgrade to version 1.1.1? (I have 1.1.0) When I try to do the upgrade it tells me that MLB.com At Bat 2010 is not available for download from App World. I am afraid to uninstall and start from scratch because I don't know if it will try to make me pay again.
    04-05-10 07:07 PM
    I noticed there was a big delay from watching TV and listening to the stream, but I thought that was just internet delay... I actually thought the internet 'delay' would be a ton less than the TV delay.
    04-05-10 08:51 PM
    Anyone had any luck getting the upgrade to version 1.1.1? (I have 1.1.0) When I try to do the upgrade it tells me that MLB.com At Bat 2010 is not available for download from App World. I am afraid to uninstall and start from scratch because I don't know if it will try to make me pay again.
    this means, you just need to login to Paypal from App World. Open App World, hit BB Menu button > Login. after logging back in, attempt to download the upgrade again, and it should be successful
    04-06-10 08:44 AM
    this means, you just need to login to Paypal from App World. Open App World, hit BB Menu button > Login. after logging back in, attempt to download the upgrade again, and it should be successful
    That worked. Thanks for the help!
    04-06-10 04:34 PM
    Glad I could help...that was driving me nuts for a few minutes!
    04-06-10 04:45 PM
    Listening to my first game tonight.... almost a TWO MINUTE delay...
    04-06-10 09:33 PM
    I'm running a tour and having the same problem as well... Running about a minute behind as well. It's a pain when the screen shows a run that you haven't heard about yet.

This has been mentioned under the official MLB.com mobile blog I believe. So hopefully now that we're into the official season the kinks will get worked out.
    04-06-10 09:39 PM
    yeah, a 1 or 2 minute+ delay while the screen shows 2 batters ahead is an extreme FAIL. Shouldn't MLB have tested these issues on their Blackberry client before charging $15 for an app that doesn't work as advertised?
    04-07-10 09:36 AM
    Mine is the same way; I was watching the Red Sox/Yankees game on Sunday night and decided to fire up the Sox audio to see how close it was to actual broadcast and was amazed at how delayed the audio was.

Really hope that get that worked out otherwise, it's an awesome app!
    04-07-10 09:56 AM
    I always use wifi (when able) when listening to a game on the phone. There is still a dely, but not as bad when not using wifi. A coworker has a mifi and we used it the other day listening to the royals game. He was using his Tour and I the iPhone. Both devices had only a slight dely, nothing like 1 minute or more.
    04-07-10 10:02 AM
    although I still suspect the issue is with the app itself, it sounds like some people are saying the connection type is what determines the delay? I don't know about this. My coworker downloaded it on Monday and we were listening to the same broadcast - she on an Android T Mobile device and me on a Storm2 on VZW. Her data connection was poor (because TMo is poor in comparison to VZW in my area) and the audio was very poor quality and had lots of static and very choppy.
    Although my broadcast was crystal clear and streamed smooth, it was 1+ minute behind hers so I don't think that using a WiFi connection would decrease the delay simply because my coworker wasn't on WiFi and had no, or few second, delay.
    04-07-10 12:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD