I was updating from .90 to Sith's H2 and I think I had a reboot or something went wrong during the install. I ended up doing a wipe for the first time, which ended up deleting all my contacts/messages(is this supposed to happen?) and then I updatd to the H3 after the wipe. So after school, I found a backup from the night before and is on that right now, and I think its H2 (Platform 0.131).

Anyways, to the point I'm missing most of my apps, my games, and my camera with the error 'net_rim_bb_camera'. I tried going to DM to the app loader but couldn't get any apps from there. Can you guys help me out? Sorry for being a newbie.
    02-13-09 07:10 PM
    go and down load siths third version and you will get ur camera back and do a restore from one of ur back ups and you will get all ur apps and setting back
    02-13-09 07:14 PM
    While doing that I hope you had a backup of your BB before doing this. Also if you didnt back up your third party apps than you may have to reinstall them.
    02-13-09 07:18 PM
    go and down load siths third version and you will get ur camera back and do a restore from one of ur back ups and you will get all ur apps and setting back
    Would H3 really do it? When I was on it briefly, I'm pretty sure I had the same error. And this is my only backup I see in the folder, and it doesn't give me any of my apps back.

PS: I wanna clarify that it's the original apps like BBMaps, not 3rd party apps.
    02-13-09 11:18 PM
    If you did a back up then the data should be there. When you load the new OS, just before actually loading, you should be able to pull down a list of apps that you can check to have installed. Be sure to go throught that first and then install.

You can also go back after installing and through DM add core applications if they did not install with the initial install.

The camers is missing with Sith's 2nd Hybred, but is back with the 3rd Hybred.

I suggest installing from AppLoader rather than from DM. On you computer go to:

Program Files/Common Files/Research in Motion/AppLoader

Then be sure to delete the Vendor file and double click on Loader.exe and then follow the directions above in this post about selecting the apps to load.
    Last edited by DJM1947; 02-13-09 at 11:53 PM.
    02-13-09 11:50 PM
    If you did a back up then the data should be there. When you load the new OS, just before actually loading, you should be able to pull down a list of apps that you can check to have installed. Be sure to go throught that first and then install.

You can also go back after installing and through DM add core applications if they did not install with the initial install.

The camers is missing with Sith's 2nd Hybred, but is back with the 3rd Hybred.

I suggest installing from AppLoader rather than from DM. On you computer go to:

Program Files/Common Files/Research in Motion/AppLoader

Then be sure to delete the Vendor file and double click on Loader.exe and then follow the directions above in this post about selecting the apps to load.
    Okay, I used AppLoader and got them back, thanks. I also updated to H3.
    But I'm still getting that ''net_rim_bb_camera' error though, I thought this would be fixed? Does anyone have any ideas?
    02-14-09 11:48 AM
    Bump, any ideas? I don't want to have to do another wipe.
    02-16-09 01:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD