I just noticed today that I am missing several contacts. I'm pretty sure the contacts were all there just yesterday. The contacts show up in my call log with their name, however, the same contacts, who have sent me SMS, only shows their number and not their name. These contacts are no longer listed in my phone book.

The only common thing about these contacts is that I only have their phone number in the "mobile" number and not "work" number. It seems my contacts that have "work" numbers are still there but none of my contacts with a "mobile" number are listed in my phone book.

I find it odd that they were all there yesterday and not today, and that the names are there in the call log but not in my SMS and phonebook. I am running .103 for quite awhile and this issue just popped up today and my searches has turned up nothing. I have done several battery pulls.

Does anyone have any idea as to what may be happening?
    02-22-09 02:54 PM
    Have you recently synched your phone with anything? i.e. Outlook. Could be a synch problem.

Have never heard of contacts just disappearing...
    02-22-09 02:56 PM
    The only thing I've done since yesterday and today was mess around with the themes. I switched back to the original zen theme but I'm not sure why that would cause my contacts to go away but maybe it did. I'll probably just restore my contacts for now and hope that it doesn't happen again.
    02-22-09 03:48 PM
    Ok. I just checked my contacts again, now most of my contacts are gone. This is really really weird.
    02-22-09 03:51 PM
    This has happened to me ofter changing themes a couple of times,lost all contacts and then they would randomly appear in the contacts folder while having the phone screen open but wouldn't appear in any other screen.I tried multiple battery pulls,outlook syncing and even google sync and no go,finally had to do a wipe and backup and all is well for the time being.Oh and I'm running.75
    02-22-09 05:36 PM
    Have you recently synched your phone with anything? i.e. Outlook. Could be a synch problem.

Have never heard of contacts just disappearing...
    I have the exact opposite problem. I have my contacts names but most of my contacts phone numbers disappeared. Very frustrating. please help
    Last edited by mauiwarrior; 04-12-09 at 06:20 AM.
    04-12-09 06:18 AM
    My contacts started disappearing again over the weekend. I've started making regular backups of my phone since this started happening...but it is very strange that it just happened again... It has been awhile since I've upgraded the firmware, currently using .132. I wonder if keeping my Storm on a firmware for a longer period of time and not updating (ie, every 2 weeks like I used with every release) could be causing this and more frequent updates has been preventing it. Sounds kind of absurd to think that but having contacts disappear randomly is also absurd.
    05-20-09 11:06 PM
    When you go into your contact list, look at the very top of the screen... where a header would be. If it says Personal or Business, hit menu, select filters, and UNcheck all boxes. That fixes most of the issues I have seen with missing contacts
    05-20-09 11:49 PM
    Not the case here for me at least. My contacts were completely gone. Their names are no longer shown in my call log or sms text (all I see is the phone numbers) for the missing contacts.
    05-21-09 12:14 AM
    pull your SIM and reinstall it maybe? Have you moved your contacts to your SIM, or left them all on the phone?
    05-21-09 12:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD