How to get BB Messenger back without downgrading from .148 to .75?
    05-27-09 01:31 PM
    If it's not listed in your DM, you will have to install it manually through the apploader.
    05-27-09 01:36 PM
    Can you explain how to go about doing that
    05-27-09 01:37 PM
    blackberry 101

This is for nuked BB but the same applies for loading the BBM.
    05-27-09 01:50 PM
    This was found by doing a search in the forums.

"First go to Options>Advanced Options>Applications> Is BBM listed?? If so check all of your folders and check for hidden icons. If not, plug in the device>open DM>Apploader>Add/Remove Programs>Check mark the BBM box>Next>Finish."

"You just have to reload the OS and choose the option to install BlackBerry Messenger. If you download the Storm's OS from Verizon's page and install it, you can then go through the Application Loader in the Desktop Manager to reload the OS. During this process you'll be taken to a screen with a lot of checkboxes. In this screen just place a checkmark next to the BlackBerry Messenger to install it. After the software reloads the program should be installed on your device."
    05-27-09 01:56 PM
    Try sending the service books directly from your device, through your email settings, then pulling your battery
    05-27-09 02:19 PM
    If BB messenger is not showing up in Desktop Manager:

Go to Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\Apploader and then run the loader.exe

There you will be able to check the box to install BB Messenger.
    05-30-09 03:55 PM
    I loaded .148 the other day and haven't seen BBM since then. Where the heck can the icon be? It's not in the Instant Messenger folder and it's not there when I check "Show All" on the home screen.

I checked in DM and BB Messenger was checked but I can't find the icon for it. I removed it, re-added it, watched in the progress bar and saw it load the files. I know it's on there somewhere but I can't seem to find it. Any help?
    05-31-09 08:08 AM
    Great!....already an issue where we have to take extra steps!! But I was able to get my bbm icon back by running the app loader
    05-31-09 08:11 AM
    Great!....already an issue where we have to take extra steps!! But I was able to get my bbm icon back by running the app loader
    I reloaded bb messenger service easily with DM however I am the one who uninstalled it a while back. Install of .148 will not cause you to lose BBM, the OP had a freak occurrence or accidentally uninstalled it themselves.
    05-31-09 08:29 AM
    How many modules are you people showing for BBMessenger in the Applications list? I have two: net_rim_qm_peer and net_rim_qm_peer_resource_en yet the icon is still nowhere to be found. This is driving me nuts today.
    05-31-09 10:09 AM
    I didn't have bb messenger or brick breaker when i first installed the .148. But i was able to install them with the application loader.
    05-31-09 06:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD