EDIT:

Removed, please check my last post for explanation. Sorry. This thread can be closed/deleted.
    Last edited by jmarcelletti; 01-20-09 at 10:51 PM.
    01-20-09 06:19 PM
    You do realize that once RIM finds out they will make you shut it down right? You are not even supposed to have most of those releases let alone share them. .75 is the only official release in the bunch. That's why people use RapidShare and MediaFire instead of their own hosting accounts.
    01-20-09 06:56 PM
    His Archive contains....

.75, .83 & .86
    Last edited by pkcable; 01-20-09 at 09:28 PM.
    01-20-09 08:34 PM
    What you are doing is illegal, just so you know. RIM will get wind of it (you posted in a public forum that RIM does browse), so good luck.
    01-20-09 08:35 PM
    Eh. I'm not sure how much action they'll really take on an OS that was widely leaked already. .86 was posted up as a torrent on pirate bay shortly after it was leaked...still up 8 days later.
    01-20-09 09:02 PM
    personal websites are a lot easier to deal with than torrent sites. Torrents are usually hosted/shared by many users simultaneously, the torrent site just hosts a link.
    01-20-09 09:03 PM
    Eh. I'm not sure how much action they'll really take on an OS that was widely leaked already. .86 was posted up as a torrent on pirate bay shortly after it was leaked...still up 8 days later.
    Think what you want. Theres a reason people are running around here asking where to download betas that leaked weeks ago. It's because they were taken down from the original hosting site. And not by their own doing. Anyways, do what you want.
    01-20-09 09:04 PM
    Yes, i am sure RIM legal will make great coders...
    01-20-09 09:13 PM
    personal websites are a lot easier to deal with than torrent sites. Torrents are usually hosted/shared by many users simultaneously, the torrent site just hosts a link.
    Think what you want. Theres a reason people are running around here asking where to download betas that leaked weeks ago. It's because they were taken down from the original hosting site. And not by their own doing. Anyways, do what you want.

True....didn't think about it that way.

Oh well. I just save the leaks for if I need to revert back. Easier than going on a hunt if need be.
    01-20-09 09:20 PM
    Well maybe RIM should worry about putting out a solid stable version instead of shutting down the crappy leaked versions.
    That's the POINT, they are leaked and not supposed to be generally available.

True....didn't think about it that way.

Oh well. I just save the leaks for if I need to revert back. Easier than going on a hunt if need be.
    That's what I do. I download them as soon as I find them, even before deciding if I want to install them or not, and when I am done with them I save them to a special folder in an external hard drive in case I want to access them again.
    01-20-09 10:08 PM
    I didn't have 83.. I got 75, stuck with it for a while.. finally upgraded to 86 last night and it wasn't my cup of tea.. so I had a hard time finding 83.. thought i'd help some others.. if RIM requests it to be removed then it shall be. In the mean time I hope some people can benefit from it. I don't look at this as "piracy" considering you need to have purchased a storm to make use of it, and frankly they need to cut us some slack because we are beta testing their broken os on their broken phone. Now I love my storm, but it's far from what it should be.. I patiently await a valid release that fixes all our problems just like everyone else. If the people here at crackberry have a problem w/ the mirror, they can edit out the link and let me know, and I will glady shut it down at their request as well since this was put up just for crackberry users (not affiliated!)
    01-20-09 10:47 PM
    On second thought I will just remove the mirror now, It's not worth my time to try and maintain it for the potential headaches.
    01-20-09 10:50 PM
    The thought was in the right place. Thanks for trying and welcome to CB!
    01-20-09 11:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD