Running .109 and Vlingo is very stable from what I've seen so far but I have a few questions about the app itself.

1) Is it possible to use the speech-to-text feature when doing stuff like posting in forums? I'd love to post threads/replies using Vlingo since it works so well

2) From what I've seen so far it doesn't work with BlackBerry Messenger, but has anyone found a fix for this? (I know you can open BBM, but you can't speak your messages)

3) I get a Server Timeout Request fairly often. Which network setting should I use DirectTCP, BIS, or MDS? (I'm using DirectTCP currently)

4) How can you change the way it spells certain things like when I say "meghan" it spells it "megan." Can I fix this?

5) Using a theme that "previews" new messages on the desktop if you touch the Messages icon, if I sent a message using Vlingo those outbox messages display on my desktop. This is rather annoying to see since it doesn't do that for other messages in my outbox (sorry, that's a confusing explanation. if it doesn't make sense I can re-word it)
    03-13-09 11:24 PM
    anything? *bump*
    03-14-09 11:46 PM
    I 2nd that. I was hoping to use it in texts and BBM.
    03-15-09 01:41 AM
    im running 109 and i cant get it to work....?
    03-15-09 02:08 AM
    im running 109 and i cant get it to work....?
    What problems are you having? If you go to Vlingo.com on your Storm, download the latest version (4.6 or 4.7) and then Disable Compatibility Mode by doing

Options -> Advanced Options -> Applications -> Highlight Vlingo (don't click!) -> BB Button -> Disable Compatibility Mode
    03-15-09 05:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD