Ok so...after getting pissed at the update not really working, and then bricking my phone...I wiped it, downloaded the exe, and installed .148 clean. It boots up just fine now, but EVERY *$&#ing time I plug in the USB to restore the backup file, I get some App Error (white screen with some 3 dig number that I cant read in time) and it reboots....

WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT?
    06-01-09 04:05 PM
    Wow man... uhm. Try another install is all I can think of; maybe a clean install of all BB software on your computer, too?
    06-01-09 04:14 PM
    Yeah I did the ota for.148 and now when I get an incoming call it doesn't tell me who's callin!
    Anyone no how to help me? Please..
    06-01-09 04:35 PM
    OTA is for the birds....

do a clean install from desktop manager
    06-01-09 04:35 PM
    well....im still pissed...reinstalling again....sigh
    06-01-09 04:45 PM
    Same problem with the incoming calls too, green. Maybe reinstalling the os back on the phone will help
    06-01-09 04:46 PM
    DM install encountered a fatal error and said to try again !

If I just forget about 148 and try to download my latest theme effort, now DM want to uninstall Docs to Go. It does not appear that DM/148 is ready for prime time ! 4.7.0.75 (NEVER a leaked OS).

Doctor Neutron
    Last edited by DoctorNeutron; 06-01-09 at 04:53 PM.
    06-01-09 04:51 PM
    Ok so...after getting pissed at the update not really working, and then bricking my phone...I wiped it, downloaded the exe, and installed .148 clean. It boots up just fine now, but EVERY *$&#ing time I plug in the USB to restore the backup file, I get some App Error (white screen with some 3 dig number that I cant read in time) and it reboots....

WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT?
    Do you have any 3rd party apps at all on your phone right now, or are you just trying to restore all of them?

Is the restore that you are trying to do from before the OS load, ie did you take a backup before you tried to load the OS and it failed, or just before your wipe?
    06-01-09 04:56 PM
    I just don't know anymore! I'm starting to wish I left it at .75. Maybe ill just take it to verizon
    And see if they can help.
    06-01-09 04:58 PM
    DM install encountered a fatal error and said to try again !

If I just forget about 148 and try to download my latest theme effort, now DM want to uninstall Docs to Go. It does not appear that DM/148 is ready for prime time ! 4.7.0.75 (NEVER a leaked OS).

Doctor Neutron
    Ok I need a bit of help here fully understanding what is going on.

I understand that DM failed during the install, and claimed it had a fatal error. Did you try again at all after that is done? What happened that time? When you install, what process are you going through? Are you on BIS or BES?

I don't understand the second portion of the problem your having. Are you saying that if you try to update your theme it wants to uninstall the application Docs to Go? I'm not really sure this has anything to do with the DM update to .148. Can you explain a bit further what you are actually trying to do, and where exactly it is messing up?
    06-01-09 04:59 PM
    I just don't know anymore! I'm starting to wish I left it at .75. Maybe ill just take it to verizon
    And see if they can help.
    Have you tried a battery pull?
    06-01-09 04:59 PM
    Yeah still nada! Oh well I guess Ill just deal with it till someone figures
    It out!
    06-01-09 05:07 PM
    How confident are you with OS/installs in general? If you're really stumped, you can try this one out...there could be a number of reasons for your trouble

To start fresh

first make sure you have backups of all your contacts etc in a secure place. It's very hard to brick these phones, but sensitive data is irreplaceable.

Step 1: uninstall all RIM software from your computer.

Step 2: download DM and desired OS again, install them.

Step 4: Download JLcommander
    How do I wipe the BlackBerry using Jl Cmder? - BlackBerryFAQ
    and wipe your phone clean

Step 5: Install the OS on your phone

fwiw i completely wipe my phone clean at every OS install and it hasnt failed me yet
    06-01-09 05:25 PM
    Same issue! I did my phone last night on DM from .132 to .148 and it worked fine. My boss at work was still on .075 and we tried to load .148 on DM and it does the back-up, and then stops and displays 'fatal error occurred - try again'. We tried again, same. Disconnect, reboot computer and battery pull phone, try again, same result! Anyone? Or else he's off to a VZW store....
    06-01-09 05:28 PM
    Same issue! I did my phone last night on DM from .132 to .148 and it worked fine. My boss at work was still on .075 and we tried to load .148 on DM and it does the back-up, and then stops and displays 'fatal error occurred - try again'. We tried again, same. Disconnect, reboot computer and battery pull phone, try again, same result! Anyone? Or else he's off to a VZW store....
    Definitly frustrating I'm sure.

When you install via DM, are you going to the Blackberry update page, or are you installing the executable straight in?

If you haven't tried to install the executable, go to this site:
    BlackBerry® Software Updates

Download the OS, install it on your PC, then plug the phone in and it should find the update for you. Give it a shot, see if that works any differently for you.
    06-01-09 05:52 PM
    Ok...its all back on now...and I was able to restore...but now I'm having some serious network connectivity issues....like...gmail wont connect....app world is having issues timing out when trying to download apps....i dunno what the **** is wrong...i was able to use the browser to get stuff...but now its crap. and i've reset several times....grrrrrrrrrr
    06-01-09 06:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD