why is it that when in video mode you HAVE to use the softkey on the screen? why cant you use the convenience key?
    05-28-09 08:36 AM
    why is it that when in video mode you HAVE to use the softkey on the screen? why cant you use the convenience key?
    You can. Hit it, it highlights "view" and your in.
    05-28-09 08:44 AM
    what? if im in video camera mode and i hit my convenience key that usually takes pictures, it send me back to still-image mode
    05-28-09 08:51 AM
    Sorry, you said video mode. I though you meant in "media". For the camera, you mean once you have taken a photo and/or video you are hitting the screen icon? Just hit the back button and it will return to the mode previously used.
    05-28-09 08:57 AM
    no dude

when you want to take a video you have to use the touch screen to record

when you want to take a still image you can use the convenience key

i want to use the convenience key to initialize video recording, instead the convenience key throws me back into still image mode
    05-28-09 09:39 AM
    That's because the convenience key is set to the camera app, not the fuction of taking a picture or starting the video recording.

I don't think there is an option for what you want to do. I agree that there should be, since it's logical to want to press the button. I think it's something RIM needs to add, unfortunately.
    05-28-09 10:46 AM
    Yeah this pissed me off too.

The other thing that i didnt get was WHY OH WHY when you have a GIANT touch screen, can you not just tap the flash OSD to enable/disable flash in both camera and video mode. So many great options that should all be accessible ON SCREEN rather than having to go all the way into options just to change lighting or flash or quality.... it dun make nah sense
    05-28-09 06:01 PM
    Yeah this pissed me off too.

The other thing that i didnt get was WHY OH WHY when you have a GIANT touch screen, can you not just tap the flash OSD to enable/disable flash in both camera and video mode. So many great options that should all be accessible ON SCREEN rather than having to go all the way into options just to change lighting or flash or quality.... it dun make nah sense
    And there is one of my biggest beefs with BB OS's in general, they are kludgy. Then you throw on a half baked touchscreen UI and things get uglier.
    05-28-09 06:37 PM
    yeah its stuff like this that makes me really feel like RIM didn't try at all to make the OS touch-friendly
    05-28-09 06:41 PM
    Options > screen/keyboard > right & left side convenience keys > set either 2 video camera.
    05-28-09 09:56 PM
    Options > screen/keyboard > right & left side convenience keys > set either 2 video camera.
    That only operates how the camera opens, not to start recording.
    05-29-09 06:43 AM
    ^ ^ ^ True.
    05-29-09 09:29 AM
    also, i just tried to type "taking" and i accidentally typed "yaking"

Y is next to T

it auto-corrected the word to "making"

now come on
    05-29-09 01:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD