I dont understand where all the complaints about this phone are coming from. Ive had mine for a day now basically and it is just amazing. Doesnt move slow, no flaws or anything of the sort. The accelormeter works right when i turn it. The typing is amazing, i cant believe how good it is, i had my doubts before. Music sounds good, videos play well, bluetooth works. Doesnt move slow at all. Its everything that I thought it would be. I guess im lucky, because it seems like everyone else is having tons of problems. I had a few from the start, but it was just because i didnt understand the phone yet. I suggest to everyone giving it more time, and i think that it will grow on you, though i loved mine from the start
    11-22-08 04:34 AM
    Mine works fine too. There are some lags here and there but that is expected on day 1. The biggest obstacle for me is adjusting to this typing with my big fingers. I am typing all kinds of errors, one of the main reasons I left iphone 3g. The 3g network with Verizon is superb, you only need wi-fi if you have AT&T. The touch/push thing is ok once you get used to it.
    11-22-08 05:28 AM
    I have huge hands, like, overly large. I dont a prob typing at all, pretty much did it right out of the box. I can use it one handed too.
    11-22-08 06:08 AM
    What is your OS ?
    11-22-08 06:14 AM
    Being new to the BlackBerry experience I didn't know what to expect, been Palm fanboy since the first device. I've had good luck with the device as well. I biggest annoyance I've had is the keyboard letters don't change to show whether your in lower or upper case. Suppose patch could fix that eventually.
    11-22-08 06:23 AM
    mine works perfectly as well! i love this phone!
    11-22-08 12:24 PM
    Any problems I've had were user error. Lovin' it!
    11-22-08 12:27 PM
    Mine and my wifes are both great.I was worried with all the bad reviews, but i am very happy.
    11-22-08 12:29 PM
    i cant use sure type, i am horrible at it. i dont want to take the phone back but i might have too if i cant get used to it.
    11-22-08 12:48 PM
    i cant use sure type, i am horrible at it. i dont want to take the phone back but i might have too if i cant get used to it.
    Just change it to MultiTap like I did, or just use the QWERTY <- best option.
    11-22-08 12:53 PM
    Mine works great other than the accelormeter flips to landscape when in my pocket and then wont change back for a while... kindof wierd. besides that this thing is smokin. I think people had the wrong idea of what this phone was trying to accomplish. it is not the bold and iphone all in one. It is a really good business phone and a really good multimedia phone. The iphone is a great multimedia phone except mms and the bold is a great business phone. The storm fills the gap for light to moderate business users and light to moderate multimedia needs. O and by the way it is a great phone u know the function that it was originally created for...
    11-22-08 12:58 PM
    Thanks for this all! I had been so excited about this phone. It'll be a while till I can get it but I've been watching all Storm news like a hawk. Started having some doubts with al the initial reviews coming out so I was happy to come across some positive stuff. Seems like the more time people spend with the phone the happier with it they become. Thanks again!
    11-22-08 01:15 PM
    I have no complaints except I would like to see some sort of update to make accelormeter work correctly. Mine also sometimes get stuck even when it does change there is a slight delay. For those of you who do not have one yet my best advice is to adapt to the way the phone wants to be used, not how you think it should be used.
    11-22-08 06:35 PM
    Everything is working just as expected for a launch phone for me as well. Only a few bugs I can see but nothing to big and nothing that cant be fixed and lovin this phone
    11-22-08 06:38 PM
    This is my first blackberry and it meets all of my expectations plus some! Everything is working on the phone!

The only question I have is what is the best way of syncing the phone to the computer so I can type in all my contacts on the Computer rather than the device and transfer them? I see a lot of issues with the Desktop Manager software... any suggestions?
    11-22-08 06:39 PM
    So Far I am totally in love with my phone. I haven't had any freezes or spontaneous turn offs or any of the extreme things happening to other people. There is some lag time when switching to landscape mode but its not really all that noticeable to me.

This is my first blackberry device so I have nothing to compare it to bb-wise but I can tell you this:

My first touch screen phone was the venus and it was nothing compared to this one. The partial touch screen would freeze all the time. But overall the phone was ok. Then I got the Samsung Glyde and to this day paying full retail for that phone has been the biggest mistake I ever made with regards to cell phones. I basically threw $400 dollars in the trash. The touch screen never did what you wanted it to, I would touch one thing and it thought i meant something else. It would freeze on me at least 20 times a day and no software updates would fix it. It was the most horrendous pos I ever owned. The touchscreen was so bad it was like having a non-touch phone with only one physical button that never did wat is was suppossed to either. The slide out keyboard was its only redeeming quality.

Compared to that the storm is HEAVEN! I am so in love with it.
    11-22-08 06:49 PM
    Amen to this post! Ad me to this list of happy buyers!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-08 07:06 PM
    I have been playing with mine LITERALLY ALL DAY & I am NOT experiencing any of the issues that have been reported. To be honest I still contend that 2 things are the main factors are at stake here, User Error & The Operating System just needs some tweaks. I have been rocking & smoking on it all day & have convinced 4 other people who spent all their times reading reviews to purchase a Storm 2 at FULL RETAIL. The situation is such that it is what it is, its not for everyone but I think the majority of people have gotten got caught up in mass hysteria & anti-storm mania!!!! I am LOVING it & have NO complaints AT ALL. I have been typing on it all day & cannot imagine using a different type of touch keyboard. STORM LOVERS UNITE!!!
    11-22-08 07:35 PM
    i like it , i love it, i want some more of it ! lol
    11-22-08 07:38 PM
    me too. loving it
    11-22-08 07:50 PM
    I too have had zero problems with my storm. I am getting faster and faster on it the more i play around
    11-22-08 07:50 PM
    I had some problems in the beginning but they were all user errors. I came to this site and read some decent tweaks that can be made for sensitivity, downloaded Opera and have been flying all day long. I am so happy with my purchase that I can hardly explain it.

I can't wait till all the haters are done posting on these boards so we can have some more serious post about the phone.
    11-22-08 09:38 PM
    This is the best thread that currently exists. Outside of unintentionally putting callers on mute / speakerphone when talking on the phone (which is the only legitimate issue I can find), I've had no problems. There's always a learning curve with a new device, and people are far too quick to threaten a return to Verizon instead of just picking up the phone's manual and reading about how to properly use it. I love this phone and I don't regret one single bit waiting in the Philadelphia snow from 5:45am until 8:00am to get my hands on it.
    11-22-08 09:43 PM
    No problems here, just some user errors...I'm very much digging this new device!

If you straighten up the Storm vertically it switches instantly...on mine anyway.
    11-22-08 09:51 PM
    dam wtf is mine the only one thats screwed up. I put on a IS screen protector every since then my storm is acting up doesnt respond hardly at all doesnt scroll right either even with the touch setting set to high.
    11-22-08 09:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD