I was messing around with the paper/battery trick to fix a hardware problem (The "A" key as well as the number/symbol key below it doen't work with speaker pointed toward the left, pointed toward the right and all work perfectly) and I'm not sure whether it was my 15th time repositioning it or something to do with the battery (which buts right up to the reader) placement...but my microSD card which wasn't working 2 days ago is now working.

I'm a tad nervous having the paper in there (fire hazard and all that) but I don't want my card to stop working I'm so torn on what to do lol.
    11-24-08 02:21 AM
    are you sure that your card was seated correctly? to begin with I know you don't want the card to stop working but if its a problem then you should get a new device id be trying everything just to make sure.
    11-24-08 02:23 AM
    I'm returning home to Atlanta in about 2 days so I'm going to get one when I get back to Va. The store I bought it from said that since it's slightly defective they'd be willing to hold one aside for me to get it replaced. As for now I'll use it how it is as it's basically 98% functional or so. Only problem is with the unresponsiveness of that "A" key...also has a dead pixel on the bottom right but it's barely noticable and won't be on my replacement.

Anyone know how much a spare Batt. is gonna run me? I'm gonna need to get one as I'll be using my storm for music when walking to and from classes and on the bus (probably about 45 minutes of play time per day). I'll be using part of my $100 gift card to pay for it so it isn't much of an issue, just looking for what to expect.
    11-24-08 02:25 AM
    RIM's direct online store has the Storm battery for a wallet-gouging $79.99. Then again, they also sell the dock pod for $49.99, whereas you can get that from Verizon for significantly less.

EDIT: Just looked on Verizon's site. Extra standard battery for the Storm for $39.99.
    11-24-08 04:09 AM
    I'd have to buy it through verizon anyway, using my storm hunt gift card
    11-24-08 04:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD