Clearly, I'm not the only one who has observed apps running better after an OS upgrade. But some users experience better app performance after an OS downgrade.

Also, it is inevitable that when one user experiences instability after installing an app, other users will post that they are experiencing no problems with the app.

I'm starting to suspect that it almost doesn't matter what OS you're running or what app you're trying to install...am I crazy or is it possible that the real problem is that the OS won't play nice with any app unless the app was there first?

First I noticed a ton of hang-ups after I installed WeatherBug--until I installed 4.7.0.75. Ta-da! No more battery pulls (okay, not as many). I started having problems again after I installed FlyCast; then 4.7.0.83 came along. After that, Nobex Radio Companion was a real disappointment...until 4.7.0.85. QuickPull doesn't work worth a crap for me right now, but I'm about to install 4.7.0.86, so I'll let you know what happens.

Viigo has always worked pretty well (aside from the memory leak), so maybe this is all just voodoo. But even back in the days of 4.7.0.65, people were posting about good results just from re-installing the same OS, so...
    Last edited by patronanejo; 01-15-09 at 04:15 PM.
    01-15-09 04:04 PM
    Unless you can do it again... Coincidence...
    01-15-09 10:00 PM
    Unless you can do it again... Coincidence...
    Ummm...if it's not obvious that I'm soliciting empirical evidence, what I mean by voodoo is apocryphal, anecdotal, or coincidental.
    01-17-09 03:55 AM
    Update--it works. At least, it did after I installed .86, haven't checked since installing .90. With all the other problems, I'm kinda scared.
    01-23-09 03:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD