Hello, just to let you know I searched everywhere for this with no luck..

Here's the problem I've been having. Since getting the Storm when it came out I have had problems using BlackBerry Messenger. My contacts randomly get the status of "Unavailable" or "Busy" when they are in fact NOT busy. They say that my status changes to these states as well.

I send messages to these people and I get the "Red X" or whatever.

Sometimes when this happens I'll send them a message and it won't show up in the box where you read the convo until after I exit the application and go back in.

I've contacted Verizon SEVERAL times about this and it seems like I've done everything. I even wiped the phone and did a restore only restoring my contacts and adding everything else later with the application loader.

Verizon connected me to someone at BlackBerry at one point and they just had me delete the contact, pull the battery, and re-add them. That worked for a day!!!

I am thoroughly frustrated at this point and aside from all of the other quirks with the phone that I am willing to overlook because I'm sure there will be updates, THIS is really upsetting me. If you have ANY insight, I would really appreciate it. I want to believe that this phone is great, but it's just not working well for me.

Thanks.
    01-17-09 01:43 PM
    Is anyone reading this?? This is a pretty serious issue it seems because no one at Verizon can figure it out and I feel like the BlackBerry tech people are blowing me off.
    01-19-09 07:34 PM
    Mine does this as well

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-09 07:48 PM
    Well i know this program relies on data and not as simple as a text message.. So the person might not be in an 1XEV or ev area...
    Also when I am on the phone I do not receive BB messenger messages until i am off the call... hope this helps!
    01-19-09 08:06 PM
    I am having the same issue. Mine will do it in the middle of a conversation. I know that when this happens, bothh parties are in the same location. I have deleted and readded and so has my wife. Sometimes this will only last 30 minutes before it happens again.
    01-19-09 11:26 PM
    Well i know this program relies on data and not as simple as a text message.. So the person might not be in an 1XEV or ev area...
    Also when I am on the phone I do not receive BB messenger messages until i am off the call... hope this helps!
    that is the issue exactly. they dont have the EV coverage. either on a call or no service, same result. that is the big deal. if they arent getting them for hours and days later then its an issue. i dont close the messages until it shows the "R" for read on them to confirm they were recieved. try sending a message, if you get that error, ask them if they were on the phone at the time of the message you sent. let em know the issue your having. most berry users are with it enough to understand your concern and give you an honest answer.
    01-20-09 12:01 AM
    patches152
    Quote:
    that is the issue exactly. they dont have the EV coverage. either on a call or no service, same result. that is the big deal. if they arent getting them for hours and days later then its an issue. i dont close the messages until it shows the "R" for read on them to confirm they were recieved. try sending a message, if you get that error, ask them if they were on the phone at the time of the message you sent. let em know the issue your having. most berry users are with it enough to understand your concern and give you an honest answer.
    Sorry Patches, I should have been more detailed...

I'm pretty "with it" too... just haven't really posted much on here.. Anyway,

I thought at first it might be a signal issue when it first happened, but it's not. I've had this happen when we're in the same room (testing), and we both have 1XEV.

It also happens VERY often when the others aren't on the phone at all. Basically it's happening when it's not supposed to. In the middle of a convo it happens, and there's no practical reason it should be happening. The person I've tested this with is also using a Storm and also on Verizon.

Bogus!

Oh, and now that you mention it... there have been instances where people didn't get messages for hours if ever.
    Thanks for your input everyone.
    Last edited by clyde67; 01-21-09 at 01:00 AM.
    01-21-09 12:53 AM
    I've had this issue several times. each time either reinstalling BBM via DM or reloading the OS worked. I know it seems like a PIA but it'll work after you do either 1 of those.

also if you notice your contacts going busy after you send them a message this is normal. if you send them a message and they don't respond within 2 minutes then they're status is set to "busy" automatically.

if any of you guys need help fixing this or want to test your BBM with someone, PM me your PIN and I'll send you off a test message.
    Last edited by whtciv2k; 01-21-09 at 09:19 AM.
    01-21-09 09:16 AM
    Ah, well thanks for the info on the "busy" status. I didn't know that.

As far as deleting it and reinstalling it I've already done that and I've changed OS's already when I upgraded to .75

I feel like I've done everything and this is still persisting. I know it shouldn't though...

01-21-09 03:38 PM
    I'm losing faith!
    01-26-09 04:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD