I haven't seen any definitive answers on this. What messages are you notified of with the "Messages" icon? Is there a way to configure it to display them all? It seems a waste to have to have three of my eight icons on the home screen be messaging icons.

TIA
    11-24-08 07:37 AM
    you can combine email,sms and mms all in one icon
    11-24-08 07:43 AM
    you can combine email,sms and mms all in one icon
    The messages icon also alerts you to any missed calls or voice messages. Hope this helps you out.
    11-24-08 07:50 AM
    Can you get it to show that red star on the icon when you have a new BlackBerry Messenger message?
    11-24-08 07:52 AM
    So how do I get the "Message" icon to relay all of those? I'm wanting to say that right now it won't notify me of SMS or MMS messages. Only e-mail and call log
    11-24-08 07:54 AM
    I use the messages icon for all of my e-mails, when opened it will show you all e-mails from all of your accounts...
    11-24-08 08:05 AM
    bump... please read my last question.
    11-24-08 08:25 AM
    So how do I get the "Message" icon to relay all of those? I'm wanting to say that right now it won't notify me of SMS or MMS messages. Only e-mail and call log
    Go to Messages-->Options-->General Options and set "Display New Message Indicator" to "Yes".

Can anyone confirm that it is not possible to get the star notification on your Messages icon when you have a new BlackBerry Messenger message?
    11-24-08 04:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD