Hi Gang, new to the forum and i decided to come out shooting with my first question.

I have noticed that since I received my replacement Storm that the tones designated for IM, Facebook, Yahoo and work emails etc..only chime around 50% of the time.

Verizon CS said that when I changed the ring tones I didn't create a new sound profile and that was the error. they told me how to reset and create a profile but that has not solved anything.

Has anyone had any similar issues or perhaps even a solution? I'm running the .85 update as well.
    01-19-09 01:42 PM
    Welcome to CB!

I avoid taking vzw for their word first off. I would double check everything they say by looking for answers here.

Second, the ringtones issues is an OS problems AFAIK. I have had the problem as well. Best way to decrease the percentage is to move your rings to the 1GB onboard device memory.

Good luck!
    01-19-09 01:50 PM
    that when the phone sits next to my desk at work and I see an email pop up on my desktop, you can hear a faint click coming from the phone like the speaker is trying to chime but cant get it out. the other half there is no click and the chime is just fine.
    01-19-09 01:53 PM
    that when the phone sits next to my desk at work and I see an email pop up on my desktop, you can hear a faint click coming from the phone like the speaker is trying to chime but cant get it out. the other half there is no click and the chime is just fine.
    Does it ring or you just get the click?
    01-19-09 01:56 PM
    Actually both. Just to clarify, if I get a call the ringer works just fine, I am specifically speaking of the chimes when I receive emails etc.

In regards to the emails, sms text etc..half the time the notification chime is there, the other half it's that click sound.
    01-19-09 01:59 PM
    I was having this problem also, I reinstalled the OS and all has been fine since! I was running .75 (what it came with) and just reinstalled it, I am still on .75 and zero probs!

EDIT: If you decide to try this, backup your device first
    01-19-09 02:04 PM
    i had .75 installed and I thought it was a bug so I upgraded to .85 from the leak on this forum and it did not fix the issue.

Might it be faulty circuitry that is not connecting all the time?
    01-19-09 02:06 PM
    Could be.... If you're still under warranty maybe you should just get a replacement?!
    01-19-09 02:14 PM
    Actually both. Just to clarify, if I get a call the ringer works just fine, I am specifically speaking of the chimes when I receive emails etc.

In regards to the emails, sms text etc..half the time the notification chime is there, the other half it's that click sound.
    Yup, sounds like software issue not hardware. You could always opt to get a replacement if you are within your 30 days.

A reinstall might me helpful...
    01-19-09 02:14 PM
    I will try....another noob question coming.....

I have .85 installed, if i wanted to drop back to .75 how would i do that?
    01-19-09 02:18 PM
    I would assume you just install .75 the way you would normally install any other upgrade, it should just overwrite what you're currently running. (I think)
    01-19-09 02:19 PM
    did the install again to .75 and all has worked perferctly for about an hour with multiple chimes for emails.
    01-19-09 03:25 PM
    Good Stuff
    01-19-09 03:29 PM
    I will try....another noob question coming.....

I have .85 installed, if i wanted to drop back to .75 how would i do that?
    If you want to go back down to .75, just go to Options > Wireless Upgrade.

Since .75 is the last official release, it will "upgrade" (in this case downgrade) your phone to that OS.

This will also work in future situations when you want to downgrade back to an official OS rather than a leaked one.
    01-19-09 04:21 PM
    I am having the same issue. So far i had Verizon replace the phone 3 times and I have tried ver .75 .86 .90 and I am now on .99 and the issue has never been resolved. It seems to fail when your screen backlight times out. Once your screen times out you sometimes get the first notification and the following msgs go unheard. I had to set email and sms to vibrate and sound using Timer_3Beeps in order for the notifications to work on consecutive messages. I am a BES user and rely on my bb notifications. Very suprised that this bug isn't all over the forums! I guess there are a lot of users that don't msg often enough to notice that they have missed several messages.
    02-25-09 11:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD