Why is it that many Americans (mainly) who are not happy with their BB phones, have to come on to Crackberry to tell us they are leaving, citing a whole of garbage as their reason.
    One wonders why they simply do not purchase their new non RIM phones, then quietly move off Crackberry and go and join the sites relevant to their new phone.
    One can imagine that they need to tell us normal people that they are at the edge of the newest technology, that they are 'the main man' ad nauseoum.
    I can imagine these pathetic individuals walking around the 'Mall' to where the most people congregate, there they pretend to make calls to non existent friends, In full view of the masses.
    They probably have a urge to super-glue their new toy to their forehead so that all shall see what fabulous guys they are.

My advice to these people is to change their phone by all means, but please please do not come on to Crackberry to tell us.

We really don't give a rat's *** that you are leaving. Goodbye and don't bang the door behind you.

Ron, Wales UK
    08-04-10 12:34 PM
    Kudos! You got that right!
    08-04-10 12:37 PM
    Amen!
    Is it too much to ask for a site where BB users can come and talk about BBs without all the Trolls?
    It amazes me how far the mods let it go for fear of being too heavy handed.
    08-04-10 12:49 PM
    Amen!
    Is it too much to ask for a site where BB users can come and talk about BBs without all the Trolls?
    It amazes me how far the mods let it go for fear of being too heavy handed.
    agreed! it's a double edged sword in them being lenient: the mods allow so many OT THREADS to persist here. I don't mind OT POSTS, but OT THREADS should be promptly moved to the proper forums, IMO. Ever since the Droids made their debut, it seems the problems with OT threads have increased exponentially. (mods, I love you guys, really, but can't we clean up the Storm forum a bit?)
    08-04-10 12:54 PM
    hallelujah! thanks for moving several threads out of the Storm forum. you guys rock!
    08-04-10 01:00 PM
    hallelujah! thanks for moving several threads out of the Storm forum. you guys rock!
    ROFL I am a Storm 2 user and I can't even gripe in the Storm 2 forum lol.
    08-04-10 01:11 PM
    Why is it that many Americans (mainly) who are not happy with their BB phones, have to come on to Crackberry to tell us they are leaving, citing a whole of garbage as their reason.
    One wonders why they simply do not purchase their new non RIM phones, then quietly move off Crackberry and go and join the sites relevant to their new phone.
    One can imagine that they need to tell us normal people that they are at the edge of the newest technology, that they are 'the main man' ad nauseoum.
    I can imagine these pathetic individuals walking around the 'Mall' to where the most people congregate, there they pretend to make calls to non existent friends, In full view of the masses.
    They probably have a urge to super-glue their new toy to their forehead so that all shall see what fabulous guys they are.

My advice to these people is to change their phone by all means, but please please do not come on to Crackberry to tell us.

We really don't give a rat's *** that you are leaving. Goodbye and don't bang the door behind you.

Ron, Wales UK
    Well Said!!

ROFL I am a Storm 2 user and I can't even gripe in the Storm 2 forum lol.
    Why does it not make sense to have those "gripe" threads in the Storm Rants section?
    If there is a suitable section elsewhere there is no reason to post here!
    Last edited by fnord; 08-04-10 at 01:38 PM.
    08-04-10 01:35 PM
    Some people do come in here to troll. But some others get flamed unfairly IMHO as they are just trying to give an accurate and fair comparison of the the storm2 vs. Other smartphones. A lot of times these people get berated in the same way as the trolls do.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-10 02:16 PM
    A-Men! Preach it brother!
    I, for one, love my BB. I have a storm II, which has become my favorite toy, tool, information center, laptop, etc...

(Is it ok if I still walk around the mall with my Storm taped to my forehead?)
    08-04-10 02:32 PM
    Finally, someone has shown us the light.
    Bless your soul, LOL.
    08-04-10 02:37 PM
    Once again I find myself drawn to the Storm threads to take part in all the exciting debate going on about Android versus Blackberry. It seems to me that people on this site are quick to forget that these same "trolls" were once Blackberry users that became Crackberrians. A Crackberrian doesn't know how to shut up and move on!

Back when this site was created, the BlackBerry was a popular smartphone choice. Today, there is a movement among Crackberrians, where users are getting tired of the RIM's advancement speed of the BlackBerry as it compares to other smartphones, so they are thinking of going or have already left to Droid. The key phrase is "when compared to other smartphones". The BB Slider looks like a very exciting phone for any BlackBerry lover, but when compared to a Droid, it looks like yesterday's technology. When it's priced the same as Droid, it's logical for smartphone users to want to choose Droid over BlackBerry.

Crackberry has become a place for smartphone users to become obsessed with the discussion of their phone. For a so-called BlackBerry only site, it's funny how you have forums here for all the other smartphone platforms. Not just a link to the other smartphone's network blog. I would say the reason for that is because you may change your phone, but once you become a Crackberrian, you will find it very difficult to leave Crackberry. So, you come back here and engage your fellow Crackberrians in a little friendly discussion about your phone. Because it is the discussion that you crave, that you miss, that you need to have. Android users don't typically complain about their phone's shortcomings, because they can "root" the phone and fix the shortcomings. We at Blackberry are stuck. So, we are open to discussion about the shortcomings and upcomings and all the jazz in between about our phones.
    08-04-10 02:44 PM
    This is so funny that I have to chime in.

As I appear to be one of the accused "trolls" by starting a thread stating I was moving on to a Droid X from a Storm 2, lately I feel that I am immediately an outcast amongst an elitist group of Crackberrians. I've been a BB user for years. I make a thread saying I'm leaving S2 for X and will offer up comparisons, yet that doesn't belong in a BB forum.

Then I catch this thread, and all I can see is a room full of elitists jumping up and down with joy that no more will there be any talk of any other device other than BB in here. So even though I still have a Storm 1 active in my household, the fact that I can say nothing about a Droid X here in comparison is, well, pathetic.

I'm usually not a combative person, especially in a forum. But this thread and the "oh boy oh joy" responses makes me think so much less of the human race. This is truly a sad post - one that basically says "I am a CrackBerry only if I talk BB and if I even hear a whisper about another phone you are, in the words of Donald Trump, "fired" from this forum."

So I will not let the door hit me in the a$$ on the way out, and I don't care if you don't care. I am totally being a hypocrite even writing this because I believe if you have nothing to say don't say it. I just feel like giving a little of the love back because some of your ideas of love is pretty twisted.

And to the OP: when you draw images of other people super glueing their new toys to their forehead, etc, in your words I see you doing the same thing with your beloved BB.
    Last edited by metalmancpa; 08-04-10 at 04:17 PM.
    08-04-10 03:38 PM
    Here's for all the people that cannot face the facts and cannot have a conversation or deal with input from member who try or compare different devices. There are PLENTY of there on what should I do, What phone to get, How do there work. That could be the basis of with the are Droid VS BB threads. Ever think of that elitist?

So, my friend, this is for you.

08-04-10 04:09 PM
    vagisil nice lol
    08-04-10 04:22 PM
    I am centered in this issue. I can objectively compare two phones, and make MY OWN decision on what MEETS MY NEEDS. I can see how people could become frustrated from countless threads of nagging, and complaining about their current device. Caveat emptor, people should do more research before they purchase something. But, the opener does have a point some people do look for internal and external satisfaction in having "cool" devices, which is sad.
    08-04-10 04:30 PM
    I see that the MODS have moved my posting to this site and yet left loads of others where they were.
    Perhaps the MODs are American red-necks and hate the idea of a European daring to post on their board.
    This post WAS NOT a rant or rave Mr MOD, It was an opinion of how blerdy fed-up we BB users are with you allowing all these pathetic, "I am leaving BB boo-hoo"
    Perhaps the site owners have decided that only these sad sad trolls will be allowed on the main page.
    Ron, Wales, UK
    08-04-10 04:36 PM
    I personally say suck it up and don't read the thread. Its going to keep happening no matter how much you hate it being here hence this rants section. So if your tired of it skip over the thread and move on, or you'll be writing another one of these threads every month, shoot every week for that matter.
    08-04-10 04:40 PM

But you do care. If you didn't care, you wouldn't have expressed so in gigantic red letters. My theory; the big red letters are symbolic of the big red sore on your *** from being a butthurt crybaby. Jeez, are all Brits this whiny?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by DrewCSchultz; 08-04-10 at 04:51 PM.
    08-04-10 04:49 PM
    I see that the MODS have moved my posting to this site and yet left loads of others where they were.
    Perhaps the MODs are American red-necks and hate the idea of a European daring to post on their board.
    This post WAS NOT a rant or rave Mr MOD, It was an opinion of how blerdy fed-up we BB users are with you allowing all these pathetic, "I am leaving BB boo-hoo"
    Perhaps the site owners have decided that only these sad sad trolls will be allowed on the main page.
    Ron, Wales, UK
    I'm going to guess your post met the duck test. If you don't like it here then you're free to close your account. Right moofychops?
    08-04-10 04:53 PM
    I really don't think this was initially about someone who really wanted to objectively compare items. The information is good.

I really think the target was the flamers who simply contribute nothing.

There have been a few of you with good info on BB vs. X or BB vs. I, and I value those comparisons. So, guys with more money than I, please keep buying phones, and writing articles. It keeps me from wasting what little money I have.

And to the flamers.... get a life.
    08-04-10 05:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD