hello everyone i have had 6 storms yes i said 6 i love the phone but the message notification is killing me on this phone i cant get rid of notificantion on all 6 of my phones and i dont get one when i get a text when i turn the phone sideways it goes away but when i turn it back up there it is i am sure everyone has this problem. like to know when rim is going to fix this so i can go get my 7 storm.
    01-06-09 01:24 PM
    You went through 6 Storms just because of that?! It's all part of the Berry...
    01-06-09 01:26 PM
    yes i did and the fact that there were dust in 3 of them
    01-06-09 01:28 PM
    wow... im actually speechless. do yourself a HUGE favor and go get a cute little RAZR. you really dont understand how any of this works. you returned 5 devices that had absolutely ZERO hardware problems. dont you get that notifications working/not working are SOFTWARE issues??? we ALL have these notification issues... SEARCH and learn!
    Last edited by jjd228; 01-06-09 at 01:37 PM.
    01-06-09 01:34 PM
    so waht you are telling me is that your phone never did that and if did you have a fix for it and afteryou fix it it never did it again please do tell
    01-06-09 01:37 PM
    so waht you are telling me is that your phone never did that and if did you have a fix for it and afteryou fix it it never did it again please do tell
    read above. you think for some reason you will get a PERFECT device and you simply WONT. its BRAND NEW. the OS is BRAND NEW. you NEVER had a BB, you ran out and got a Storm bc it was the shiny new touchscreen toy you saw on tv, and now youre making the lives of rim AND verizon miserable. there is NOTHING wrong with your storm. you need to read, learn, experiment, have fun, and stop whining like a baby. if i get 10 sms messages maybe 2 of them will actually make a noise... happens to TONS of people. its the SOFTWARE. and it will be addressed in future releases. want a closer to perfect storm? get rid of it now and go get one in 2 years.... or please stop crying, most of us are sick of it.
    Last edited by jjd228; 01-06-09 at 01:42 PM.
    01-06-09 01:39 PM
    send me a few of your storms por favor
    01-06-09 01:40 PM
    by the way this is not my first bb ok its a soft ware glitch how many times should i pull the battery to fix something
    01-06-09 01:44 PM
    We'd like to see some proof around here... I had replaced mine a second time around because the 1st one was defective due to screen not clicking. The second one is perfect for me. Better than the 1st and I'd have to say, take time to search, learn and have fun with the Storm (especially if it's your 1st time being a BB owner just like me). See what you can do... take it step by step... it goes a long way...
    01-06-09 01:44 PM
    lol you are a dope no you lopslwm jj is
    Last edited by runner66; 01-06-09 at 01:48 PM.
    01-06-09 01:45 PM
    lol you are a dope
    why is he a dope? he returned his for a hardware issue... something that CANT be fixed via software. dope? hhmmm... 7 storms for software issues? THAT is a dope.

you cant fix your problem right now. it happens with every available os. but RIM is aware of it. feel better now?
    01-06-09 01:48 PM
    I gotta say that people who bought the storm and assumed that it would be flawless right off the bat are complete Morons. First off, since it is blackberrys first touch screen we can bank on some problems there (ie lag). Since the screen also clicks it was expected that many if not all of us would click the wrong things for a while. Since it is a Beta OS, anyone with even a slight understanding of software knows its going to have issues!

Do your self a favor or two:
    1. accept that its a beta and its going to have issues OR Get a different phone.
    2. Dont ever use the word "dope" again... EVER!
    01-06-09 02:06 PM
    dope yes i said it
    01-06-09 02:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD