My old phone used to beep every 5 minutes if I missed a call or had a text message/voice mail that hadn't been checked.. Does the Storm have this function?

I've been through some of my settings and haven't been able to find it..

And yes, I searched the forum already and did not find the answer..
    01-15-09 12:33 PM
    the Storm and BBs in general, from what I have seen, only do visual reminders/alerts and not audible.
    01-15-09 12:37 PM
    No audible missed calls alerts. Man I really hated how my motorola use to do that. Some a$$ hole would leave his phone around when he went to a meeting. That thing would beep for hours and drive me nuts.

Just look for the red blinking LED
    01-15-09 12:38 PM
    I missed it at first but mostly enjoy the silence now. Still would be nice to have the option. I've read that the LED stops blinking after a while too but can't confirm or deny

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-09 12:57 PM
    No audible missed calls alerts. Man I really hated how my motorola use to do that. Some a$$ hole would leave his phone around when he went to a meeting. That thing would beep for hours and drive me nuts.

Yes, my last phone was a Motorla, lol..
    01-15-09 01:20 PM
    I missed it at first but mostly enjoy the silence now. Still would be nice to have the option. I've read that the LED stops blinking after a while too but can't confirm or deny

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    It was great for me b/c I'd run downstairs to do laundry or go into another room for a few minutes then I would hear it if someone called/texted while I was gone.. I feel like a dummy checking my phone every time I re-enter a room. It's not like any of my calls or texts are important but it's just something that Ill need to get used too..

I can confirm that yes, the LED stops blinking after awhile... I left my phone in the car at the gym a few times and the LED did not blink but when I went to use my phone afterward it said there was missed calls/messages.. I'm usually in the gym from 45m - 1 hour..
    01-15-09 01:28 PM
    I just installed bbalerts, and it works well, itll alert you with a blinking LED, you can set the color, and an alert every 1,3,5... minutes. And it doesnt stop alerting after 15 minutes like the storm. Try it.
    01-15-09 01:38 PM

that would drive me nuts. The red blinking is amazing for me. I cannot stand to have a phone beep or vibrate constantly after a missed call/e-mail/text/update, or whatever. I guess they should make it an option for people who do like it though.
    01-15-09 01:44 PM
    THere is a 3rd party program that does what you want. it is called BBAlerts and there is a free trial of it that you can use for 7 days. go a search on google for it !
    01-15-09 01:49 PM
    THere is a 3rd party program that does what you want. it is called BBAlerts and there is a free trial of it that you can use for 7 days. go a search on google for it !
    How much is it a month?
    01-15-09 01:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD