I have looked on the forums and the methods provided havent worked. I have no voice mails, ims, bbms, or text or email.. Yet, my s2 still displays a 1message icon! I've tried a battery pull to no avail.. where could this message be??

Also, why isnt' my siggy displaying properly?
    03-05-10 08:42 AM
    use the 'search' in the messages folder and make sure you select "unread" only
    03-05-10 09:03 AM
    oh maybe that is it i was searching for unopened.. let me try this quickly here. i get no message found! DO I need to do a data wipe??
    03-05-10 09:06 AM
    what about other apps... like mine shows new email icon for weatherbug alerts
    03-05-10 09:56 AM
    I dont have many apps installed I've had my s2 for a few days now. I checked fb but that doesnt have a message.. I'll do a battery pull later today and see if that gets rid of it (it didnt the first time) but IDK what to do!
    03-05-10 10:25 AM
    I had that same problem for a long time until some one here helped me out and found my problem. Look in your saved folder. You might have a message that you marked saved before you read it, and it saves it as unread and does not become read unless you open while in the saved messages folder.
    03-05-10 10:28 AM
    I have looked on the forums and the methods provided havent worked. I have no voice mails, ims, bbms, or text or email.. Yet, my s2 still displays a 1message icon! I've tried a battery pull to no avail.. where could this message be??

i had this issue when SMS messages folder contained 2 messages, DESPITE MY HAVING SMS BLOCKED. I finally found the culprits when I called tech support and they had me open up DM. By looking through the databases, I spotted 2 records in the SMS database. zappped them and fixed the icon issue at the top of the screen. I have no idea how those records got there, seeing as I have SMS blocked. neither did Verizon....
    03-05-10 10:46 AM

Have you tried opening your Messages application (not your individual email, if you have them separated), clicking on the date at the top of the list and choosing "Mark Prior Opened"?
    03-05-10 11:12 AM
    good idea.. since a missed call (and other things) give an envelope and a new message.
    03-05-10 12:04 PM
    So I got the message to go away but now I have one in facebook lol. Is there an easier way of setting up the notifications or is there a way to just make there not be an icon for when i read them/miss them i wont have to close the icon? it was a missed call, i hadnt scrolled down far enough.. my friend found it in like 3 seconds lol

Cleared them both! THat un-opened idea worked and helped me find them.. I Just wish there was a better notification system.
    03-05-10 01:46 PM
    Ok. I tried everything here plus a few other ideas people gave in another post-and the darn text message icon is still showing 1 message. This stupid thing just showed up today and it is making me crazy. Where is the mastermind that can figure this out for me??? PLEASE!
    03-05-10 07:09 PM
    Ok. I tried everything here plus a few other ideas people gave in another post-and the darn text message icon is still showing 1 message. This stupid thing just showed up today and it is making me crazy. Where is the mastermind that can figure this out for me??? PLEASE!
    have u gone to DM and checked all the databases yet?
    03-05-10 07:13 PM
    I did do that even though I hadn't even hooked up to DM since last week and this started out of the blue today.
    03-05-10 07:15 PM
    I had that same problem for a long time until some one here helped me out and found my problem. Look in your saved folder. You might have a message that you marked saved before you read it, and it saves it as unread and does not become read unless you open while in the saved messages folder.

I was just searching through the forums and you hit my question spot on!! I forgot that I accidently saved a bunch of msgs and of course I hadn't read some of them!

Thanks again
    07-08-10 06:30 AM
    EXCELLENT advise! This is where most folks forget to look. I have helped at least a dozen friends with this same solution.... Great tip!!!!!
    07-08-10 08:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD