I did a search of the Storm forum for "Message Alerts in Bedside Mode" but, surprisingly, only received 5 returns; none of which answered my question.

I use the OEM chrome Storm holder on my bedside table at night. When I place the phone in the holder, it automatically goes into bedside mode, however, I cannot find a setting so it will automatically silence message alerts at night. Each time I get an email, I get an alert.

I have tried all the Options settings for bedside mode and for each of my Email Accounts. I even tried silencing alerts when in the holster, thinking the stand might act like the holster.... no go.

I don't want to turn off the phone's radio in case a call comes through at night. There has to be a customizable setting for alerts at night. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
    Rich

BTW, I was surprised with the lack of search results I got. I searched in the General storm forum and in the Tips section. The General search returned 5 results. The Tips search got none. Any suggestions? I'm a noob at all this. Thanks!
    Last edited by richs10; 03-27-09 at 07:23 AM. Reason: Added Question about Searches
    03-27-09 07:12 AM
    When the Storm goes into bedside mode it stays in whatever sound profile is active. Go to sounds. scroll to bottom and pick custom sound profile. I set everything except phone calls to silent.
    Now, all you have to do is remember to change the profile every night and every morning. I have not found a way to make this automatic but it does what you are asking otherwise.
    03-27-09 07:35 AM
    I agree with the previous poster. While bedside mode can turn the radio off, I do not believe there is a way to automatically change the sound profile in bedside mode. It would be a nice option.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-09 07:39 AM
    I did a search of the Storm forum for "Message Alerts in Bedside Mode" but, surprisingly, only received 5 returns; none of which answered my question.

I use the OEM chrome Storm holder on my bedside table at night. When I place the phone in the holder, it automatically goes into bedside mode, however, I cannot find a setting so it will automatically silence message alerts at night. Each time I get an email, I get an alert.

I have tried all the Options settings for bedside mode and for each of my Email Accounts. I even tried silencing alerts when in the holster, thinking the stand might act like the holster.... no go.

I don't want to turn off the phone's radio in case a call comes through at night. There has to be a customizable setting for alerts at night. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
    Rich
    Just go to your Sound Profiles and select 'Phone Calls Only'. You can then set your Bedside Mode settings to Disable LED is Yes, Disable Radio is No, and Dim Screen is Yes. Hope that helps.
    03-27-09 07:42 AM
    Thanks Phantom, but I was hoping there is an automatic setting for this at night when I put it in the bedside stand. I'm the kinda guy who puts the phone on silent for a meeting and then forgets about it for the rest of the day and wonders why I'm not getting any emails. Changing the settings twice a day would drive me crazy.
    03-27-09 07:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD