Message Alert Problems.
    I am having trouble with the message alerts on my Storm.
    I want to get an audio alert when I get a TEXT message and the phone is either in the holster or out.
    I want to have the phone VIBRATE when I get an email, but NEVER make a noise.
    The text message part works well. The problem is the fact that whenever I get an email (hundreds of times a day), AND the phone is out of the holster, I get a ringtone.
    Here is how I have it set:
    SOUNDS
    RING TONE: Tune_FurElise (only because that is the last one on the list, I was looking for NO ringtone)
    VOLUME: SILENT (This is why I was figuring there would be no sound)
    LED: On
    VIBRATION: on
    NOTIFY ME DURING CALLS: Yes
    When I hit TRY IT, it only vibrates. All sounds like it should be good, BUT, it does not work that way.
    If I get an email while it is in the holster, it only vibrates, but, if it is out of the holster, I get the ringtone.
    How do I fix this?
    Thanks,
    Art
    01-12-09 04:57 PM
    Go to volume setting > custom profile > messages

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-09 05:09 PM
    Go to volume setting > custom profile > messages

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thanks. I did that...it worked for a few minutes..then back to giving me a ringtone alert every time I received an email.

Any other ideas?

Art
    01-13-09 11:06 AM
    I am using a the normal profile. I went in and changed the text message sound. Works great for a while. Then, test messages start making the same sound as Email. If I do a battery pull, test messages once again have the sound I selected. After some time (varies) the text messages sounds will start using the Email sound again.

Mark
    Ball Ground, GA
    01-17-09 04:39 PM
    Go to sounds, set ring tones/alerts and change.
    01-17-09 04:49 PM
    Had same problem, contacted RIM. They said volume for phone overrides message alert. So even if you have your email alert on silent, if your phone is set for loud, it will override the email silent mode. Rim said they are working on this but no fix yet. I overcame the problem by making a silent MP3 file and using it as my email alert tone. Even a loud silent MP3 file is silent. Worked for me for the time being
    01-17-09 06:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD