Hello,

Let me start with an example to explain:

In .75 in the Media app under Music I used to be able to take my finger, highlight the All Songs choice then without lifting my finger from the screen I could scroll down to the other choices such as Artist, Albums, Genres, Playlists, Sample Songs and Shuffle songs.

In .148 this is no longer happening. I must lift my finger for each choice I want to highlight.

I noticed this has been taken away in many places throughout the OS. Other examples include: In the Month view of the calendar. Used to be able to swipe across all bottom icons.

The only place I noticed this functionality remain is in the dial key pad.

Anyone else notice this or do I need to re-install my OS? No big deal, I just thought it was a nice feature.

Thanks...
    05-31-09 09:26 AM
    Yeah. I just noticed. No big deal though as I don't generally slide to pick choices anyway. But you're right if that's how it used to be.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-09 09:53 AM
    From my understanding, the fact that you finger would slide from one to the other was actually a bug that has been fixed. When you highlight something, its supposed to follow your finger around. So, if you want another item, you have to lift your finger and select it.

Like scrolling through you music catalog. If it didn't follow your finger, it would make it rather annoying searching through a large music file. This way, you highlight and send it up or down bringing up new stuff.

Hopefully that makes since.
    Last edited by WICKEDNATE; 05-31-09 at 11:59 AM. Reason: misspell
    05-31-09 11:58 AM
    The finger follow is still in the phone keypad, as you said, and in the typing keyboards (full QWERTY, SureType, and Multi-Tap).

I think .75 was the only OS that did that in the menus, and like Nate said, was actually NOT supposed to do that. I don't remember for sure when they "fixed" that "bug", but it was in an early build.
    05-31-09 12:03 PM
    The finger follow is still in the phone keypad, as you said, and in the typing keyboards (full QWERTY, SureType, and Multi-Tap).

I think .75 was the only OS that did that in the menus, and like Nate said, was actually NOT supposed to do that. I don't remember for sure when they "fixed" that "bug", but it was in an early build.
    It's gone in .109
    05-31-09 12:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD