Hey everyone...

I am having an odd issue with my 9530. When I go to switch applications by holding down the blackberry key, both the regular menu pops up along with the switch application selection menu. I am not sure what is causing this. I am using OS 148, but this issue did manifest itself when I was using .141. Has anyone else experienced this and are there any fixes for it? Thanks!

-Bob
    05-21-09 08:09 PM
    Try changing the key rate to normal. You probably have it set to fast and they have sped it up in the upgrades in the os

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-09 08:11 PM
    Keyrate is already set to normal. Good guess though! =)

Try changing the key rate to normal. You probably have it set to fast and they have sped it up in the upgrades in the os

05-21-09 08:25 PM
    Hmmmmmm cured with that issue. Still does it every now and then. I just attributed that to speed of key strike. I did read a thread about this happening every other time the key was pressed. Bringing up both menus in other words. I forget who mentioned it though. Sorry I was not of more help. Hopefully another will chime in.

05-21-09 08:37 PM
    NP Bordercollie. I did a search about it but got a lot of other issues other than the one I was searching for. Its not a critical issue, but it is annoying as ****! lol
    05-21-09 08:39 PM
    Try key rate > slow.
    05-21-09 10:38 PM
    That appeared to have completely corrected it. Thank you! =) For my curiosity, what does Key Rate control exactly?
    05-21-09 10:41 PM
    Based on what i've read & my tests 2day, key rate affects device response speed 2 input on keyboard /shortcut menu /buttons.
    05-22-09 07:11 PM
    Interesting. Do you mean response speed while holding down a button (example: you hold down the backspace key, how fast it will backup as if you are hitting it repeatedly?) Sorry if that made no sense...I have been up since 9 AM yesterday and am TIRED lol I should be sleeping! =P

Just an addon note...I changed it from slow to medium slow, and it still appears to be operating normally. So at least for my device, the threshold is between medium slow and normal.

Based on what i've read & my tests 2day, key rate affects device response speed 2 input on keyboard /shortcut menu /buttons.
    05-23-09 08:16 AM
    Interesting. Do you mean response speed while holding down a button (example: you hold down the backspace key, how fast it will backup as if you are hitting it repeatedly?) Sorry if that made no sense...I have been up since 9 AM yesterday and am TIRED lol I should be sleeping! =P

Just an addon note...I changed it from slow to medium slow, and it still appears to be operating normally. So at least for my device, the threshold is between medium slow and normal.
    Correct. Key rate is the rate at which the key repeats. So if you have it set to fast, it is going to repeat more quickly when you press/click.
    05-23-09 09:31 AM
    BTW an alternative 2 slowing overall response rate 2 bypass menu: hold down bb/menu key firmly.
    05-23-09 02:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD