I am new to Blackberry and so far love my Storm but I have been noticing that the memory is fluctuating even when I do not use the phone. I will check the memory before I put it on Lock Mode and it will be at 32mb and then when I unlock it,say 30 minutes latter, it is down to 25mb sometimes as low as 22mb. Is this normal? and if so what is causing it? It is like the memory is leaking somewhere.

I find myself obsessed with the memory and am constantly checking it. I cannot get it over 38mb, no matter what I do. I have read all the tips. I deleted all the recommended Apps(VNZ, Picture Mail, and several others). The only Apps I added was, Google Maps and Utube.

Thanks
    Matt
    12-26-08 05:36 PM
    Wow....there are like 1 Million different threads on this same problem...let the "search" function be your friend
    12-26-08 05:48 PM
    Wow....there are like 1 Million different threads on this same problem...let the "search" function be your friend
    Thanks for your 2 cents and your post was very helpful(NOT)
    I have read just about every post over the last 3 days and cannot find anything on memory fluctuating like I mentioned in my post.

I have tried the search feature and have not been able to find what I was looking for, I did see several posts like yours that really do not help anybody though.

If any body else has something helpful I would really appreciate it, or if there are tones of post like #$%$ mentioned I would like a link or 2

Thanks
    12-26-08 06:00 PM
    I've also noticed memory leak. When I do a battery pull I get over 40, but within a day or so I'm in the low 20s. I'm not sure it matters as I've noticed no degradation in the performance of my phone. Sometimes I think we get obsessed over stats that are not that meaningful. The Storm is a phone and a blackberry. As long as it makes calls, and recieves emails, who cares what the memory number is?
    12-26-08 06:06 PM
    there is a mem leak issue...have you tried bringing up your keyboard then typing

"/"/

when your log comes up, delete it with your BB button then pull the battery for 30+ seconds
    check your mem after that...should be better.
    hope that helps
    12-26-08 06:11 PM
    See, i don't have a Storm, but the reason your free file drops is when you see the two little arrows in the right corner going back and forth, data is going in and out. Bits of this data get "stuck" and a reset frees this up. It really depends on how many apps you have, if you close them out properly when done by hitting menu>close, have pics on a media card instead of device memory, etc. Give it time though, it is a new device and the OS's will get better...
    12-26-08 06:12 PM
    does that actually improve performance?
    12-26-08 06:13 PM
    Yes, a battery pull will free up your memory, always do it while the device is on...
    12-26-08 06:14 PM
    there is a mem leak issue...have you tried bringing up your keyboard then typing

"/"/

when your log comes up, delete it with your BB button then pull the battery for 30+ seconds
    check your mem after that...should be better.
    hope that helps
    does this actually improve performance?
    12-26-08 06:15 PM
    does this actually improve performance?
    i believe it clears all the crap out of your BB, like cache and cookies in a PC.

someone correct me if i'm wrong please
    12-26-08 06:17 PM
    i believe it clears all the crap out of your BB, like cache and cookies in a PC.

someone correct me if i'm wrong please
    I'm not trying to be an a$$hole, but have you noticed a difference in the way your BB actually runs?
    12-26-08 06:20 PM
    Yes, it's like rebooting a PC kind of. Be sure to clear your web cache and cookies before you pull the battery...
    12-26-08 06:25 PM
    Thanks SD. I'm gonna give it a try and let you know how it works. I'm at 19.8 right now.
    12-26-08 06:27 PM
    I'm not trying to be an a$$hole, but have you noticed a difference in the way your BB actually runs?
    yes i noticed it runs smoother/faster. let us know what you think.
    Last edited by neolantis; 12-26-08 at 10:33 PM.
    12-26-08 07:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD