I see where everyone is talking about their memory with their Storm's being around 40-47 with heavy use. Where do you find that at?

I'm looking in...

Options > Memory > Application Memory (free space)

and my free memory is never more than 20MB.

I'm running .103 with the following apps installed:

Viigo
    AP Mobile News (not running)
    Slacker (not running)

I've pulled the battery and when it comes back up, there's 31MB free, then gradually drops to 18-21MB free.

Any ideas?
    02-17-09 11:44 AM
    Don't worry about it. Most people who obsess over this number don't even know what it means, they just assume bigger is better. Some have used older BBs which apparently had a habit of deleting email and other info when app mem got too low, but the Storm seems to break that cycle.

As long as your phone is running around it's usual performance level, don't worry about it.
    02-17-09 12:01 PM
    Don't worry about it. Most people who obsess over this number don't even know what it means, they just assume bigger is better. Some have used older BBs which apparently had a habit of deleting email and other info when app mem got too low, but the Storm seems to break that cycle.

As long as your phone is running around it's usual performance level, don't worry about it.

Bigman2 is 100% correct. No need to fret over it. Probably somewhere somebody noticed it and tbe entire storm world has
    fixated on it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-09 05:41 PM
    Hold your phone in portrait mode, hold down the back key, and from the home screen click the corners in the following order: top left - top right - top left - top right.

This will access the help menu quickly which will show you the amount of available memory near the bottom.
    02-17-09 06:20 PM
    Hold your phone in portrait mode, hold down the back key, and from the home screen click the corners in the following order: top left - top right - top left - top right.

This will access the help menu quickly which will show you the amount of available memory near the bottom.
    Is that a joke? That does nothing on my STORM.
    OPTIONS MEMORY does show application memory Free Space.

If I look at HELP from the HELP button it does not show memory.
    It has menus that if you go HELP, POWER battery and Memory,View the ammount or available memory, then it says to do options Memory.

So why not just do options memory in the first place???
    Last edited by bbstorm4me; 02-17-09 at 09:39 PM.
    02-17-09 09:35 PM
    Is that a joke? That does nothing on my STORM.
    OPTIONS MEMORY does show application memory Free Space.

If I look at HELP from the HELP button it does not show memory.
    It has menus that if you go HELP, POWER battery and Memory,View the ammount or available memory, then it says to do options Memory.

So why not just do options memory in the first place???
    The shortcut that xilly posted takes you directly to the "Help me" screen that OPTIONS MEMORY does. I use the shortcut because it's faster and then I only have one window to close after I am done.
    02-17-09 10:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD