As a new user of BBs, I noticed messages periodically disappearing. I now understand that this is do to the device detecting low memory and cleaning out data to free up memory. It was recommended I search for Memory Optimization and look at Crackberry 101. What I have noticed is that with the Storms software, the instructions are exact, perhaps terminology has changed. Can someone please provide step-by-step instructions for Memory Optimization for the new Storm's current software.

Also if I delete unused applications from my device (for example Visual Voice Mail), are they gone forever, or is there a way to retreive or reinstall them at a later date?

Your help is much appreciated. Thank you.
    11-25-08 10:11 PM
    Everything is the same. Uninstall stuff you don't need or use. VZNav, VVM, etc. Start with just simple installed apps before you go above the top and clean off system components. You can always reinstall those apps again later by using the App Store.
    11-25-08 10:25 PM
    How are you gettin low on memory? That is what boggles me....I mean mine shows an average of 30-40 mbs free and i have 5 mail accts on it.
    11-26-08 08:50 AM
    According to Status I have over 30,000,000 bytes. So in honesty I don't think I have a memory problem. But my messages keep disappearing if I don't save them. Any input please
    11-26-08 09:58 AM
    Do you have the phone set to save pictures/media to the memory card or internal memory?
    11-26-08 10:04 AM
    How old are the messages that are being deleted? There is a setting to keep only 15, 30, etc days of messages.
    11-26-08 10:07 AM
    How old are the messages that are being deleted? There is a setting to keep only 15, 30, etc days of messages.
    True, but as long as he hasn't messed with those settings, it hasn't even been 15/30 days since the phone came out lol.
    11-26-08 10:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD