running vista complete theme and .132

i've come to notice after downloading the StormStat app (mainly just to see where my memory is at) it is NEVER above 22. and throughout the day drops to 8-14.. i have a lot of meaningless apps that are never opened. ie kenny powers, twss, nuckchorris etc.. only apps constantly used are

Pattern Lock (which locks after 15 min of IDLE)
    Simple Weather
    BBM

i stopped using BeeJive after i realised it OWNED my battery.

after a battery pull it is usually 22-25mb free.. within a few hours is 14, by the end of the day if i dont quickpull it usually drops to 8ish..

what can i do to bump up the memory?
    05-21-09 08:38 AM
    have you deleted programs such as password keeper, memo pad, help, tasks, the games and such?
    05-21-09 08:41 AM
    You can also try going back to the stock Zen theme... themes have been known to drain memory, too (although I don't have any experience with the particular theme you are using).
    05-21-09 08:54 AM
    U can keep mem up w/non-drastic steps + checking effects of what u do w/phone via options > memory.

I'm on .75 w/high 30s avg, 27 low, 47 high. Before i read how 2 manage, it fell low as 3.

Best guide imo: how2:appmem
    05-21-09 09:38 AM
    delete the preinstalled wallpapers..gain 5mb
    05-21-09 10:18 AM
    You say you have lots of meaningless apps that you don't use... These still take up app memory so delete them!
    Does low memory cause you a problem (slow response or freezing etc) if not then don't worry about it. I regularly run perfectly fine with less than 5mb free!
    Don't get caught up in the "I've got 50mb+ race"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-09 10:37 AM
    Remove meaningless apps that you never use. Also use an OS shrinker to remover the default programs you never use like the I'm apps and memo pad etc. Make sure you are going into the menu and closing out programs to exit them vise just pressing the red end button. You can also try different os or theme. I use .132/.141 os with the free bb pro v3 theme and my memory stays at an average of 39 megs. I have about 10-15 alps on my phone but if I find myself not using one I delete it.

05-21-09 10:50 AM
    You can also try going back to the stock Zen theme... themes have been known to drain memory, too (although I don't have any experience with the particular theme you are using).
    Quick question, semi-related: Does having the other theme installed decrease memory or is it only when that theme is activated?

I think the theme I am using is causing a drop in my memory, but I don't seem to see if a difference if I go back to Zen. Don't want to uninstall my preferred theme and have to redo all my icon moving/folder customizing all over again...
    05-21-09 12:15 PM
    meaningless apps never open in the sense that they arent used everyday... but i like the apps.. i deleted the task, help, memo pad etc. along with some apps and games i dont play. and switched back to default theme... got it to 27. still drops real low through out the day though.. im updating to 148 right now, see if it changes anything.. then im going delete the default wallpapers etc
    05-21-09 07:31 PM
    Quick question, semi-related: Does having the other theme installed decrease memory or is it only when that theme is activated?

I think the theme I am using is causing a drop in my memory, but I don't seem to see if a difference if I go back to Zen. Don't want to uninstall my preferred theme and have to redo all my icon moving/folder customizing all over again...
    I don't think just having it installed should give you a memory leak... I'm pretty sure it would actually have to be in use for that to happen. If you don't see a difference when you go back to the original theme, it is probably something else on your phone causing the leak. Is it significant?
    05-21-09 07:33 PM
    I'm on a .148/5.0 hybrid and never drop below 52 mb, a reset puts me at 56.
    Delete stuff you don't need.

05-21-09 07:44 PM
    If you have a lot of MMS messages, try deleting those. At one time I realized had about 10mb of mms messages eating up my memory!

You can check this by options > status > menu > database size

05-21-09 07:59 PM
    ok so i went back, deleted the OEM wallpapers, installed .148, deleted a few more apps, cleared all my cache(usually do this alot) deleted all my sms/mms messages.. rebooted and have a mem of 31.95
    05-21-09 08:25 PM
    Out of all the apps you could delete, couple of you suggested that you delete MemoPad app. Why? For those who did, where to you put your notes?
    05-21-09 11:47 PM
    has anyone had the issue w/ bbfilescout where you delete the pictures from the device but don't notice any change in memory after a few bat pulls?
    05-21-09 11:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD