I only have installed VZN, ap news and slacker and at best, after a battery pull, my memory is 36.2 I clear the phone logs, old e-mails and texts. Any thoughts why memiry is so low?

Rochelle
    It's not low.....36.2 is perfectly fine. If it's showing below 10 most of the time, then that's something to be worried about.

EVERYBODY...............STOP WORRYING SO MUCH ABOUT YOUR MEMORY!!!!!!
    01-29-09 12:11 AM
    I am no expert but I agree with the above. I have my memory cleaner set to every minute and it's worked wonder in OS .90. I have no clue what it does to battery life but I've seen positive results. Yesterday I had 55MB available and the best I had seen was about 52MB after a batery pull. And now with the quick launch app the event log is easily available and convenient to clear the log. Just thought I would share.
    What type of apps do you have on your phone? Any? That's a lot to have on your phone most of the time.
    01-29-09 12:13 AM
    I am no expert but I agree with the above. I have my memory cleaner set to every minute and it's worked wonder in OS .90. I have no clue what it does to battery life but I've seen positive results. Yesterday I had 55MB available and the best I had seen was about 52MB after a batery pull. And now with the quick launch app the event log is easily available and convenient to clear the log. Just thought I would share.
    The memory cleaner doesn't do what you guys think it does; read the user guide.
    01-29-09 12:20 AM
    The most memory I got after "memory cleaning" is ~2 MB
    01-29-09 07:13 AM
    The most memory I got after "memory cleaning" is ~2 MB
    That's because all memory cleaning does, in essence, is "shred" your data and slightly compress it. More of a security feature from what I can understand. I COULD BE WRONG... Just my .02.
    01-29-09 08:03 AM
    That's because all memory cleaning does, in essence, is "shred" your data and slightly compress it. More of a security feature from what I can understand. I COULD BE WRONG... Just my .02.
    Nope, you're pretty much spot on. The memory cleaner is an automated secure delete program basically. That's why it's under SECURITY options, and not MEMORY.

The main problem here is that RIM calls everything memory, including storage. This requires a couple seconds of thought to noodle out, and that's asking a lot in the age of chronic ADD.
    01-29-09 08:33 AM
    BUMP for other peoples experiences with this program...on day two now, still above 50mb free and no resets. Keep in mind my day starts at 4AM and I hit the sack at around 1030PM with heavy usage.
    01-29-09 08:59 AM
    OK, I have this app since yesterday about 5:20PM, I installed, battery pull and since then, phone never was turned off. After a Bat. pull i had 48.9mb of free memory, now i have 47.5 free memory. It will go down to 39 and then a few min later is back up again.

I am runing the following apps.
    Weatherbug
    Quickpull
    Capture it
    youtube
    Visual VOice Mail

I have no games at all
    No VZ Navigator

I do have doc. to go
    And I have to typping languages on the phone (English & Portugues)

I receive about 150 emails a day, I use the bb messenger a lot, I text about 30 txt/day, I receive and make a lot phone calls, I do not use media player a lot (some times yes)...

I guess that's it...
    01-29-09 09:26 AM
    Does anyone know how often this program clears the Event log. It says hourly..But what does that mean?

On the hour?
    01-29-09 09:43 AM
    Does anyone know how often this program clears the Event log. It says hourly..But what does that mean?

On the hour?
    Are you really this concerned about it? What does it really matter, it's the same time interval.
    01-29-09 10:06 AM
    Here is quote from the Blackberry forums on the log....
    The other way to delete the BlackBerry log is pressing ALT+LGLG manually. The other thing you should know is that disabling items from the log does not remove them from the log, it just hides them but they are there. So if you are really paranoid about your BlackBerry logs or you just want to free some kilobytes install this application and it will do the job perfectly.

Also I have checked other sources and they all same the same thing about the log just hiding items, not deleting them like this application.

I have just installed this app on my Storm so time will tell. My memory floats in the 36 - 50MB range.
    01-29-09 10:07 AM
    I think the original poster is on to something. I didn't believe it. However I did soft reset after cleaning call log. Had 37MB. Within 2 hours I qa down to 29. Was in badish cell coverage area. Useage moderate. 3 he's later was down to 29MB. Manually cleared log which had so much crap there building over just 3 hours. I deleted log manually and boom. Back to 35. This is prett convincing os is constantly writing to log and perhaps bogs down storm in certain circumstances. Needless to say I put logmaid on. Thanks to OP

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-09 10:09 AM
    I'm down to 26 MB running this app after starting out at 35 after a battery pull.
    01-29-09 10:12 AM
    Are you really this concerned about it? What does it really matter, it's the same time interval.
    I'd just like to know when to expect a "memory boost" is all. To see if this program really does what it says.
    01-29-09 10:18 AM
    I'd just like to know when to expect a "memory boost" is all. To see if this program really does what it says.
    I hear ya.
    01-29-09 10:30 AM
    damn man that aint cool.

but on my storm ive found that reloading the os on your storm(im running .75) happens to increase memory available.

before reloading my os memory would start at 41 megs and go down to 19 megs causing things to fail

after reloading the os i start at 55 megs and still drops down, but only drops down to 42 or 45 has not dropped under forty since reloading the os ( 7 days ago)
    Just curious - when you say that you reloaded your OS, did you wipe it first and reload or did you upgrade to another OS and downgrade back to .75 ?

Do you notice any other improvements in the OS besides the memory ?

Just read another post that talked about upgrading, then downgrading, then upgrading again seems to improve the overall stability of the OS, including just about eliminating the random boots that we are all seeing in .90.

Seems like a lot of work, but if its worth it.......
    01-29-09 10:33 AM

On the hour?
    Yes, on the hour...
    01-29-09 01:30 PM
    Just an update...a full two days in and STILL have not dropped below 50mb. Id like to reiterate that I have about seven apps used regularly and am running .90. Anyone else have positive results so far?
    01-29-09 01:33 PM
    Yes, on the hour...
    Good to know this

*waits patiently for 3:01*
    01-29-09 01:40 PM
    I have for almost 24 hours now and I'm really happy with it.
    I have right now 46.9 mb of free memory (After a bat. pull yesterday after the instalation I had 48.9)
    since yesterday no bat pull or soft reset.

WE GOT IT! THIS THING IS FINALLY WORKING AND NOT LOOSING MEMORY ANYMORE.....
    01-29-09 01:41 PM
    leak is somewhere else. i started last ight at 18mb this mornig i had 38mb and now im down to 22. and am in the middle of a bat pull
    01-29-09 01:44 PM
    leak is somewhere else. i started last ight at 18mb this mornig i had 38mb and now im down to 22. and am in the middle of a bat pull
    Check your log and make sure log is being managed (check time on last item in list) and app is working. Installed on a friends storm last night and did not work the first time. Reinstalled and everything is good...
    01-29-09 01:59 PM
    how would i check the log?
    01-29-09 02:03 PM
    From home screen in landscape:

BB Button, show keyboard, lock !123, then press " / " /
    01-29-09 02:05 PM
    From home screen in landscape:

BB Button, show keyboard, lock !123, then press " / " /
    Did you mean, type lock !123 ?
    As soon as i press L it gives me the dial pad
    01-29-09 02:14 PM
129 12345 ...