I can usually go for about 2 days before my app memory drops below 10. I have not downloaded anything new in at least a week, but today i restarted at 27 app mem and i am under 10 in less than 10 hours.

My current apps are
    weatherbug
    wsj
    ap news
    tiltris
    meterberry
    espn launcher
    cnn launcher
    and 1 theme.

Anybody have any ideas what could be causing such a problem today?

thanks
    05-19-09 02:52 PM
    I can usually go for about 2 days before my app memory drops below 10. I have not downloaded anything new in at least a week, but today i restarted at 27 app mem and i am under 10 in less than 10 hours.

My current apps are
    weatherbug
    wsj
    ap news
    tiltris
    meterberry
    espn launcher
    cnn launcher
    and 1 theme.

Anybody have any ideas what could be causing such a problem today?

thanks

Thats strange. Whats even more strange is the fact that you start out at 27 after a reboot with that small number of apps! For every one app you have, I have about 3, and I start out at about 22 myself. Since replacing Twitterberry with Uber Twitter, I stay at about 17.7 all the time (may fluctuate a lil but it always comes back up).

Its just weird that you havent changed anything, and its all of a sudden doing this. Make sure everything is closed. The theme may be the reason for your memory being so low to begin with too. We all know that Weatherbug drains us, but not that bad!

Hope u get it figured out.
    05-19-09 03:06 PM
    try and use meterberry and remebering when you open programs. to narrow it down
    05-19-09 03:18 PM
    Click & read/bookmark:

How 2: Application Memory
    05-19-09 04:01 PM
    Also, AP news and Weatherbug could both cause memory leaks if you leave them open.
    05-19-09 05:48 PM
    i had .113 and would max out (after a quickpull) at about 37mb and dwindled down to the high teens.

about a week ago, i loaded .132 and max out at about 45mb.... lowest ive seen it go since then is about 33mb- and i havent changed any apps since the upgrade.
    05-19-09 05:51 PM
    Weatherbug can be a memory killer. Do you make sure that you properly close programs when you are done with them?

I'm running BBC hybrid v5 with the lydrical shrink an OS and when I do a reboot I start up with about 53mb, then I usually go down to around 45. I almost never go under 40. I don't have as many apps though. I have meterberry, quicklaunch, accelodex, a few games, and 1 theme.

Your theme could also be causing the leak. You can try deleting it for a few days and check your meterberry log.
    05-19-09 06:04 PM
    thanks guys appreciate the help, will try those suggestions
    05-20-09 06:39 AM
    so I have been trying to narrow down my memory leak. I have not opened any apps and only sent some texts in the last hour and i just lost 8.4mb. By the way i am running .75 since i have a mac and can't upgrade
    05-21-09 03:01 PM
    On .75 10-15mb of memory USE is "normal". Later OS's are much better at managing/recovering memory.
    05-21-09 03:17 PM
    I think one culprit that might unknowingly be plaguing a lot of people would be having memory cleaner scheduled to clean often and meterberry scheduled to clean. This will result in lower memory. My phone would boot (.141) with about 36 and fluctuated between that and 20. I disabled the regular memory cleaner and now I never dip below 30.
    05-21-09 04:34 PM
    What version you running on storm & 3rd party theme will cause the memory leak!
    05-21-09 04:35 PM
    Hope u use link i posted earlier.

Try: options > security options > memory cleaning > status > enabled & show icon on home screen > yes (appears in app folder on my phone).

Click daily 2 run. Alternatively u can set 2 clean when holstered / idle.

I no longer use 3rd party app 2 activate automatically b/c interfered w/what i was doing @ times.
    05-21-09 04:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD