05-24-09 12:58 AM
80 ... 234
tools
    I'm running Facebook and haven't had a memory problem.
    Evidently these are individual observations, changing from one Storm to another. I also removed Facebook just to find that it made NO difference regarding memory leak. As mentioned before, this is most probably inherent to the 4.7 OS and I've noticed memory leak with every OS, including .148 (maybe that's the reason these are called "leaked" OSs ). I think this is a flaw and it shouldn't happen - certainly not to the tune of losing 20-30MB in 48 hours.
    05-23-09 02:25 AM
    From .122 with the .113 Radio Code, My initial memory to start has increased significantly. Also memory seems to come right back up a lot more than my previous build. I am enjoying it a lot. I have about 9 apps and the Android by E Theme.

I also "Shrunk" my OS, as well as used CrackMem, even though it was redundant.
    05-23-09 02:30 AM
    can someone please post something about which apps have memory leaks!!!!!
    05-23-09 11:30 PM
    if everyone would make sure they close thier apps and browser when their done im sure you will find the memory leak is from apps not the os!!!!!!!!!!!
    05-23-09 11:42 PM
    weatherbug is one of the biggies...i had it until recently because as i mentioned before even running around 20 MB everything on the phone runs as crisp as at 50 MB free

i switched to bbweather bc 1) it is also free and 2) it is a little quicker for me and 3) used national weather service data

i have noticed that now i run steady around 30MB as opposed to mid 20s before weatherbug, but as i said earlier it does not affect the overall performance of the phone and i wouldn't know the difference if i hadn't looked to see.

unless your already are having problems with lag issues, i would suggest dl both weatherbug and bbweather and just seeing which interface you like better

weatherbug is able to automatically find you based on GPS which is something bbweather cannot do
    05-24-09 12:58 AM
80 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD