Okay. I'm down to 105.8mb. That's a loss of 2.0mb in a day and a half.

Wtf. Why can't there be a stable phone that can handle things....

There's def a slow leak...now I have to do soft resets every 2 days. What a pain in the....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    You lost 2MB... not 20MB, now if you lost 20MB in 2 days you might have a problem... This is not an a 607 issue though... If you are running a custom theme there could be a very slow memory leak, or if you even listen to Pandora radio for 30 minutes you could loose 0.5MB.

Now I don't want you to take this the wrong was but I feel like being concerned about loosing 2.0MB over 48 hours is a little neurotic. If your phone is running good don't worry about loosing 2MB in 2 days. I would suggest looking at your memory loss only if you are experiences problems in order to troubleshoot them
    04-27-10 07:46 AM
    Just did soft reset and memory is at 106.5. That's a loss of 1mb at restart since my last reboot.

Not being neurotic. Just saying looks like there is an issue.

If this cycle keeps up ill have no memory in a month

04-27-10 08:22 AM
    Just did soft reset and memory is at 106.5. That's a loss of 1mb at restart since my last reboot.

Not being neurotic. Just saying looks like there is an issue.

If this cycle keeps up ill have no memory in a month

Well lets test that theory

There are no doubt "leaks" in memory but the loss of memory you see is most likely associated with a 3rd party app or change in something that you are doing, downloading images from emails etc...

All i am saying is I am running a a custom theme (Keen), have berryweather, QL, T4BB, Meterberry, UltimateLock, BerryPopup, BerryBuzz did some web browsing and checked some emails, and since my last boot up (last night at 6:30PM) I have lost 0.3MB.

Perhaps if you tell us what apps you are using/have running or checked some logs on meterberry we may be able to help.
    Perhaps you could tell us what pr
    04-27-10 08:34 AM
    I would just start by deleting all the apps and themes you have installed and installing one at a time either for a few hours or a day at a time. Then you can pinpoint the issue and deal with it which ever way you choose.....
    04-27-10 08:38 AM
    [QUOTE
    Perhaps if you tell us what apps you are using/have running or checked some logs on meterberry we may be able to help.
    Perhaps you could tell us what pr[/QUOTE]

Donny. My first post to this thread has my themes and my apps I have installed

Any known issues with any of the apps I have running with .607 would be helpful.

04-27-10 09:52 AM
    The only theme I have on my phone (and currently running) is the: BB Pro v4 Blue by natemz.

Apps I have installed: BerryWeather, ESPN, MeterBerry, NFL Mobile, Opera Mini, Pattern Lock, DirecTV Scheduler, ScoreMobile, Show Me The Images, Sports Illustrated, Facebook, BBM.
    The apps I can tell you are good are Berryweather, SMTI, & BBM. I have used Patternlock quite extensively and have never noticed any issues

Are you talking about the ESPN link shortcut to the browser ? If so this shouldn't matter.

Never have noticed much of a problem w/ Scoremobile.

The app I am worried about is the NFL Mobile app, the release is relatively new and was extremely slow on my phone. I have since deleted it...
    04-27-10 10:01 AM
    Ill try to delete the NFL app

04-27-10 10:20 AM
    also, what's everyones S2 memory running at? How many MB steady?
    I sit around 96mb with .607, about 20 apps, and stock theme.

Shouldn't some fluctuation in the app memory be normal? The app memory is also the the operating/thinking memory, right? So I would think it would be affected when we stream music, surf the net, or run apps that download content(like AP news or viggo). All that information had to be held/processed somewhere.

Am I lookingat this correctly?

04-27-10 10:45 AM
    for the last time, you dont have a leak, there is nothing wrong with a 1mb drop right away, its normal as stuff loads. quit worrying about, delete MB so you can stop check every 5 minutes to see what the memory is at.
    04-27-10 11:13 AM
    for the last time, you dont have a leak, there is nothing wrong with a 1mb drop right away, its normal as stuff loads. quit worrying about, delete MB so you can stop check every 5 minutes to see what the memory is at.
    Agreed... Although I still think there is something wrong with the NFL app... so so slow but there is a thread for that :-D
    04-27-10 11:20 AM
    I only wish to point out one misstatement in your post. Since memory leaks on the S2 are relatively rare, rather than blame the phone, perhaps look at your apps as the culprit or acknowledge that it might be something corrupt with your OS. I just now looked at my Memory Log and, since Friday, it has gone down and back up by no more than .6 MB. It remains fairly constant from day to day.

Okay. I'm down to 105.8mb. That's a loss of 2.0mb in a day and a half.

Wtf. Why can't there be a stable phone that can handle things....

There's def a slow leak...now I have to do soft resets every 2 days. What a pain in the....

04-27-10 12:50 PM
    Yep, I deleted the NFL app myself...just did not measure up, both in terms of speed and even the graphics looked third rate. I really liked the CBS Sports March Madness app, that worked and looked great...I wish someone would come up with something like that for NFL.

By the way, I am rather surprised that ESPN does not have a real app, instead of just a shortcut link...or am I missing something? I kept looking, but was unable to find anything.

The apps I can tell you are good are Berryweather, SMTI, & BBM. I have used Patternlock quite extensively and have never noticed any issues

Are you talking about the ESPN link shortcut to the browser ? If so this shouldn't matter.

Never have noticed much of a problem w/ Scoremobile.

The app I am worried about is the NFL Mobile app, the release is relatively new and was extremely slow on my phone. I have since deleted it...
    LOL!!!! Now THAT'S the best advice I've seen here... "You have a problem? No you don't, but to help you, delete the thing that's causing you to THINK you have a problem and all will be well with the world again" I agree!
    Last edited by EnergyPlus; 04-27-10 at 12:57 PM.
    04-27-10 12:52 PM
    if someone said "this is normal, MB drop and then level off after a certain time period", I wouldn't be worried....but a constant drop over 3-4 days is something to watch..considering a battery pull didn't bring the memory back up.

I deleted NFL mobile and the theme..let's see what happens....
    04-27-10 01:07 PM
    Ok, Mat and I have talked on the phone and we're chipping in for a subscription to some Xanax for you (Just kidding...)
    04-27-10 07:50 PM
    Ok, Mat and I have talked on the phone and we're chipping in for a subscription to some Xanax for you (Just kidding...)
    LMFAO...now that may be the funniest line I've heard yet...but I'm not kidding, send some my way...

As for the update..I'm close to 24 hours since last reboot, with NFL Mobile and BBPro V4 deleted....I am a steady 107.5MB +/- 0.3MB.

Looks like it was one of those...and since a lot of people are running v4 with no probs, it looks more to me like it was NFL Mobile.
    04-28-10 07:22 AM
    LMFAO...now that may be the funniest line I've heard yet...but I'm not kidding, send some my way...

As for the update..I'm close to 24 hours since last reboot, with NFL Mobile and BBPro V4 deleted....I am a steady 107.5MB +/- 0.3MB.

Looks like it was one of those...and since a lot of people are running v4 with no probs, it looks more to me like it was NFL Mobile.
    Glad to see you are happy now, still think you should delete meterberry :-D

LOLZ
    04-28-10 09:07 AM
    Senior moment here...I had posted a response to this, challenging your statement when I realized just what this thread has been about, so I went back and deleted it...thankfully, nobody responded to it, LOL.

So, yeah, I agree....delete MeterBerry...in some cases, Ignorance Can Be Bliss!!

Glad to see you are happy now, still think you should delete meterberry :-D

LOLZ
    04-28-10 01:18 PM
    that does seem to hold true lol
    Hey man I saw you over on Android Central. I'm over ther under BringTheRain. I'm picking up the Incredible tomorrow...
    04-28-10 02:59 PM
    Is it in VZW stores yet? I'd like to go look it over.

EDIT: Ahhhh...nevermind, I did my own homework (something I chastise others who fail to do so, in other posts...I spank myself!). I see it comes out tomorrow, 4/29!

Hey man I saw you over on Android Central. I'm over ther under BringTheRain. I'm picking up the Incredible tomorrow...
    Last edited by EnergyPlus; 04-28-10 at 03:04 PM.
    04-28-10 03:02 PM
    lol i have mine in hand
    04-28-10 04:18 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD