I had seen in previous threads the prospect of expanding the memory in the Storm to 16gb, and the question posed as to whether the device could handle that type of expansion. I never recalled finding the answer to that. I know this is my first post, but I've been reading through the message boards for the past 5 weeks or so.

I tried searching the message boards and couldn't find anything. Does anyone definitively know whether the memory in the Storm can be expanded to 16gb with that memory card? I can't wait for the Storm, but the accessories will probably dominate my Xmas list. Thanks for your help guys!
    11-14-08 08:00 AM
    It should be able to handle SDHC cards, which on this moment go up to 32GB so 16 should not be a problem.
    It is being shipped with 8GB in the US (EU customers do not get anything ) which also is SDHC
    11-14-08 08:03 AM
    Check out the Media Cards Explained link in my signature. The media card size is dependent on the device OS, not the device itself.
    11-14-08 08:03 AM
    I saw some storm specs where it said comes with 8 expandable to 16, ill have to search for the link
    11-14-08 08:05 AM
    Check out the Media Cards Explained link in my signature. The media card size is dependent on the device OS, not the device itself.
    Excellent news...and with that the 16gb expansion card goes onto my Christmas list. Thanks a bunch!
    11-14-08 08:09 AM
    Thank you for this post. I am not up on the technical descriptions of these cards, so I've been confused as to what I am going to be looking for. Your post really helps.

I'm going to be checking back here, because it's not so clear to me how I get data on to the card for use in the phone. I know this is simple for many, but having never done I feel a bit confused.
    11-14-08 08:12 AM
    I remember reading somewhere in a review or something, that it would be capable of 32 gb....but I don't remember where I saw it FWIW
    11-14-08 08:14 AM
    Thank you for this post. I am not up on the technical descriptions of these cards, so I've been confused as to what I am going to be looking for. Your post really helps.

I'm going to be checking back here, because it's not so clear to me how I get data on to the card for use in the phone. I know this is simple for many, but having never done I feel a bit confused.
    That's what we're here for. I'll try and help you with this:

First, what type of PC do you have (PC or MAC)?
    If a PC, connect the BB to your PC using the USB cable.
    Next, you have 2 options to copy the media. You can use the Windows Explorer or, the BB Media Manager. Another method is to email the file to your BB from your PC. We'll go over that later.

Please answer these questions.
    11-14-08 08:22 AM
    I remember reading somewhere in a review or something, that it would be capable of 32 gb....but I don't remember where I saw it FWIW
    I've seen it in a couple of threads, people are probably spilling that because SDHC micro's currently go up to 32GB
    11-14-08 08:24 AM
    That's what we're here for. I'll try and help you with this:

First, what type of PC do you have (PC or MAC)?
    If a PC, connect the BB to your PC using the USB cable.
    Next, you have 2 options to copy the media. You can use the Windows Explorer or, the BB Media Manager. Another method is to email the file to your BB from your PC. We'll go over that later.

Please answer these questions.
    1. I have a PC.
    2. I will use the Blackberry Media Manager that will come with the Storm. I have already converted all my iTunes files to unprotected MP3s and saved them in a separate desktop folder called "Converted Music" (pretty original, huh?)
    11-14-08 08:26 AM
    I've seen it in a couple of threads, people are probably spilling that because SDHC micro's currently go up to 32GB
    I have yet to see a "real" 32GB MicroSD. I think there were (at one time) some fake 32GB cards being sold on eBay, but they were taken off.
    Last edited by BlackBerryBob; 11-14-08 at 08:29 AM.
    11-14-08 08:27 AM
    Blackberry Bob. Thanks for all the great info. I think you may be my newest bestest friend!
    11-14-08 08:28 AM
    1. I have a PC.
    2. I will use the Blackberry Media Manager that will come with the Storm. I have already converted all my iTunes files to unprotected MP3s and saved them in a separate desktop folder called "Converted Music" (pretty original, huh?)
    The Media Manager contains a program called Roxio that will guide you through the process. Make sure you have the latest version of the Desktop Manager on your PC.
    11-14-08 08:33 AM
    Blackberry Bob. Thanks for all the great info. I think you may be my newest bestest friend!
    Ahh come on, your making me blush...
    11-14-08 08:34 AM
    I have yet to see a "real" 32GB MicroSD. I think there were (at one time) some fake 32GB cards being sold on eBay, but they were taken off.
    I haven't seen a 32gb microsd card out in the wild anywhere as of yet.

I do have the Sandisk 16gb microSDHC card in my Curve and it works GREAT!!
    11-14-08 08:38 AM
    The Media Manager contains a program called Roxio that will guide you through the process. Make sure you have the latest version of the Desktop Manager on your PC.
    Thank for this information. Doesn't sound too difficult.
    11-14-08 11:37 AM
    v4.6 is the most recent?
    11-14-08 05:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD