I was about to play with the memory cleaner and
    noticed that it has been enabled and has a little red lock.
    I know I didn't enable it myself. I've read that its better
    to keep this off, anyone know how to remove the lock?
    12-12-08 01:22 PM
    The little red padlock means the Memory Cleaner is controlled by your IT Policy. There's nothing you can do about it. However, there is no reason to disable it. It's a security feature that periodically deletes various caches on your device. Having it running will have absolutely no deleterious effect on your performance. Whoever told you it is better to keep it off probably didn't understand its function.
    12-12-08 01:41 PM
    I am on BIS, there should be no IT policy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-08 01:49 PM
    I am on BIS, there should be no IT policy.

I agree, but the little red padlock says you have one. Which suggests you have a bigger problem than you thought, if you have an IT Policy and don't know how you got it.
    12-12-08 01:51 PM
    I think you are right. This phone is on my personal
    account, so there can't be an IT policy. Time to call
    cust svc......
    12-12-08 01:58 PM
    One way that can happen is if you synch to more than one PC, say home and work... If you did that, you may have inadvertently picked up an IT Policy. It must be pretty benign, or you'd have found it sooner.
    12-12-08 02:00 PM
    Definitely time to check your account, I watched a lot of this go on, on launch day.
    12-12-08 02:00 PM
    One way that can happen is if you synch to more than one PC, say home and work... If you did that, you may have inadvertently picked up an IT Policy. It must be pretty benign, or you'd have found it sooner.
    I wouldn't have even noticed it if I wasn't playing around with the phone.
    I only sync to 1 laptop so I don't think it happened that way.
    Seems harmless but I want it removed and how it got there.

12-12-08 02:06 PM
    Calling VZW now.......

12-12-08 02:08 PM
    Wow no help at all. All they said was wipe it. The solution to every problem can't be wipe it and eraload everything.......

12-12-08 02:47 PM
    That is no solution at all. Until you find the cause, it will come back. However, if it isn't causing you a problem, you could try that, and see if you can detect when it comes back, and find the source that way.

12-12-08 02:50 PM
    I have the same problem. I do not use BES. It happened after I wiped my OS. Anyone know how to get rid of the lock or how to disable it from my computer?
    12-15-08 07:26 PM
    I have the same problem. I do not use BES. It happened after I wiped my OS. Anyone know how to get rid of the lock or how to disable it from my computer?
    What device are you using? You should update your profile to show it. What OS are you running? What prompted you to wipe your OS?
    12-15-08 10:05 PM
    I just discovered mine is set the same way. I suspect mine has something to do with updating Quicklaunch to 1.2 and adding memory cleaning to the Quicklaunch menu. After I did this, my phone started lagging whenever i tried to lock it.

I went in to disable it this morning and I also have the Enabled box grayed out with a small lock next to it. I didn't know if you guys had found a solution to this since this thread was first created?
    02-03-09 09:54 AM
    Try removing it from QuickLaunch then disable.
    02-03-09 11:34 AM
    I tried it, but its still locked. I'm going to pull the battery and see if it resets it somehow. This is the first issue I've really had though. The fact that it didn't start lagging when trying to lock my phone until after I updated QuickLaunch and added MC to the QL menu makes me suspicious. I do like the QuickLaunch app though, I just want to get this figured out.

Edit: Update, after deleting from QuickLaunch and doing another battery pull, Memory Clean is now disabled! My phone is back to its old locking speed now. I guess I'll send feedback to the QuickLaunch dev, not a big issue but worth noting I think.
    Last edited by ChemESGH; 02-03-09 at 01:36 PM.
    02-03-09 01:28 PM
    I tried it, but its still locked. I'm going to pull the battery and see if it resets it somehow. This is the first issue I've really had though. The fact that it didn't start lagging when trying to lock my phone until after I updated QuickLaunch and added MC to the QL menu makes me suspicious. I do like the QuickLaunch app though, I just want to get this figured out.

Edit: Update, after deleting from QuickLaunch and doing another battery pull, Memory Clean is now disabled! My phone is back to its old locking speed now. I guess I'll send feedback to the QuickLaunch dev, not a big issue but worth noting I think.
    Saw the same thing here.
    02-03-09 07:16 PM
    Did you just remove memory cleaner as an option under QL or did you remove the QL app all together?
    02-04-09 08:57 AM
    IT policies aren't going to go away with a simple wipe, sorry to say. I have one on my Storm and did on two other BB's and that isn't going to cut it. I had to load a default blank policy on mine to mask the one I had, but it seems as though someone said using JL_CMDR has functionality to actually remove the policy. So, I would do some searching or hopefully someone will post a solution.
    02-04-09 10:03 AM
    Anyone fix this issue with Quicklaunch 1.2?
    02-04-09 09:42 PM
    So using memory cleaner only removes junk? Should I clean my memory on a regular basis?
    02-06-09 03:54 PM
    So using memory cleaner only removes junk? Should I clean my memory on a regular basis?
    LOL I just found mine... cleaned. Pretty cool.
    02-06-09 04:04 PM
    Anyone fix this issue with Quicklaunch 1.2?
    Cheetah is aware of the bug and will fix it on the next QL update.. It's already fixed on the trial version.
    02-06-09 04:05 PM
    I just noticed this for the first time today as I was trying to figure out why my memory DROPPED about 2.5MB immediately AFTER using the Memory Cleaning function. I installed QL 1.2 on 2/4 and didn't have this problem then. I wiped and went from .103 back to .99 today after way to may problems with .103.

I've removed it from QL and am now doing a SoftReset to see if that gets it back to normal for me.

If it is tied to the QL app and it's fixed in the trial, will the fix be offered to those who've already purchased it?
    02-14-09 07:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD