Can I ask what the memory cleaner does? And will it improve functioning if I activate it?

Thanks from a newbie
    03-01-09 04:00 AM
    It does a secured delete of certain data. It won't make any improvements, but it doesn't hurt to do it.
    03-01-09 04:03 AM
    does it stay on or is it something I need to actively DO periodically?
    03-01-09 04:07 AM
    It can either run after being idle for a period of time, or if you have the BB leather holster, it will run when in the holster.

There is also an app called logmaid, you can find in the OTA apps thread, that will clear your device log, and run the cleaner. Clearing the log will give a small performance boost.
    03-01-09 04:09 AM
    Ok - this will sound totally STUPID, but how does it know what brand holster it is in...? I know the Storm is amazng, but is it sentient...? lol
    03-01-09 04:16 AM
    the bb holsters have a magnet, used to turn off the display, and in this case, activate the memory cleaner.
    03-01-09 04:45 AM
    Ok - this will sound totally STUPID, but how does it know what brand holster it is in...? I know the Storm is amazng, but is it sentient...? lol
    lol like kiltro said the BB branded holsters have magnets, it really helps on battery life since it turns the display off and puts it to sleep. I really recommend getting it, but make sure it is BB. Theres a few other things you can do with the holster.
    03-01-09 04:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD