so today i was trying to put my pics from old mem card onto the 16gb card, and also some music. But when i put the 16bg card into my comp it goes haywire...
    i went to "my computer" to open it up so i can transfer my old pic, and it would just freeze up..took me about 15 mins to realize as soon as i took the mem card out, the comp went back to normal??, I put my old 2gb card in, and its fine

Put the 16 back in.. wont even open my comp, then freezes, untill i take it out??
    11-10-09 11:54 PM
    I just left the cards in the phones and copied everything from storm 1 sd card to my desktop thru the usb cable and then hooked up the storm 2 and pasted the desktop file onto new card with no problems. Haven't tried taking it out of phone and putting it into computer.

Your card reader on your computer may not be compatible with the new 16 gb card.
    Last edited by BlackSheep2007; 11-11-09 at 12:05 AM.
    11-11-09 12:01 AM
    I would suggest copying the pictures to the PC from the old card, inserting the new card into the BB and formatting it in the BB, then connect the BB to the PC with the USB cable, enable mass storage and drag and drop the files from the PC into the new picture folder on the new card using Windows Explorer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-09 12:05 AM
    I would suggest this back up the pics on the memory card that is giving you issues then format the memory card. I had this issue with my storm 1 8gig memory card did that and work fine after that.
    11-11-09 12:13 AM
    It sounds like he is trying to transfer pics and music from original storm 1 card or other device card onto the storm2 16 gb card by putting the cards in a card reader on the computer and drop and drag that way. Older computers with built in readers won't read the new SDHC cards which is why his computer is freezing up when he puts the card in. The SDHC cards do the same thing to my computer unless I use an newer add on card reader. Just use the usb cables and enable mass storage like posted by lak611 and it should work.
    11-11-09 12:23 AM
    I jsut use my S2 as a mass storage, then go to the SD card file in my computer and copy the things there... Works fine for me
    11-11-09 12:34 AM
    I jsut use my S2 as a mass storage, then go to the SD card file in my computer and copy the things there... Works fine for me
    I do the same thing to and it works flawless every time.
    11-11-09 12:44 AM
    i never had a S1, had a POS Env..im going to try and sync it up thanks!
    11-11-09 01:01 PM
    I never took it out of the phone. Just hooked it up to my computer and transfered anything I wanted onto the phone's 16gb memory.
    11-11-09 01:18 PM
    got it to work thanks, is there anyway to transfer music or pics from phone mem to SD mem
    11-11-09 01:33 PM
    Go to media then select either pic or music or videos>BB menu button look for move then select where you want to put it at.

11-11-09 02:00 PM
    got it to work thanks, is there anyway to transfer music or pics from phone mem to SD mem
    Or you could pull them directly off your old phone with a data cable and BitPim.
    11-11-09 02:09 PM
    You can get a memory sd card reader the travel size its prett cheap. Get it at staples.

11-11-09 02:11 PM
    Or you could pull them directly off your old phone with a data cable and BitPim.
    didnt have a cable with that phone
    11-11-09 02:28 PM
    didnt have a cable with that phone
    Did the old phone support object push or file transfer via Bluetooth? I used to have a dumbphone that did.

11-11-09 02:32 PM
    idk, but it had BT, its all good i bought an SD for that bad boy, just wanted to get my pic over to the new 16gb, and some music too..just a pain in the Arse when my old comp had all my music and the new one has the BB program.

One day ill clean my old comp up, and get some music, until then i just use old burned CDs..anyone else do this, cuz i cant figure out how to rename music, so i got alot of "untitled" stuff
    11-11-09 02:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD