I'm running OS 5.0.0.419. I have an annoying problem. I'm not sure if any of you are experiencing this but searching the forums yielded no results.

Here is the issue. If create a memo, save it, and exit. On some memos, if I try to edit them, when I open the memo and click on the rightmost position of the memo (to add more text), the last typed character of the memo is selected/highlighted by the cursor but I cannot type after said character, only in front of the character so all my new text is inserted.

For example, I create a new memo named Test.
    The body of the memo is just the word Mourn
    Save and exit.
    When I reopen the memo and click the screen to the right of the letter N in the word Mourn so I can enter more text, the N is highlighted and selected rather than the cursor appearing to the right of the N. It looks like Mour_n (_ is the cursor) rather than Mourn_.

The problem is that I cannot figure out how to make the cursor move where I need it to be so all my new text is inserted in front of the N rather than behind it.

To make matters worse the issue is sporadic. Some memos work fine, some don't.

Has anyone seen this issue?
    Last edited by carlos31820; 06-09-10 at 01:21 PM.
    06-09-10 01:07 PM
    Ok, this seems crazy but I have figured out the problem.

If I use a blackberry font set to Italics (not plain, or bold, etc), the issue appears. If I change the BB font to plain and open the memos in question, the issue goes away.

Changing the font back to italics reproduces the issue again. I'm not sure why it does this on some memos and not others but at least I figured it out.
    Last edited by carlos31820; 06-09-10 at 01:53 PM.
    06-09-10 01:41 PM
    It happened to me just yesterday. Very frustrating. I finally was able to delete the line the cursor was on, retype it and then edit.
    06-10-10 02:42 PM
    It was driving me crazy. Were you also using a font set to italics?
    06-10-10 04:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD