I was hoping someone has figure this out or knows of a program that can help me. On my old Moto Q, when it was in the "meeting" sound profile, when i had an event in my calendar that showed my status as "busy" during a certain time period, the phone would automatically go into a silent/vibration mode and switch back to normal when the event was over.

is there anything similar to this on the storm or a prog for BB?
    11-25-08 06:00 PM
    Bump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    12-08-08 01:34 AM
    Sorry cant think of one that does that 0 in fact thinking about all of the BB phones I have had, I never had one that did that - maybe its just a config thing but I have set up quite a few profiles and never been or looked at doing that.

Good idea however ... !!
    12-08-08 02:08 AM
    I'd done this on my WM phones for years and was quite disappointed when it wasn't here on my BB.... I wasn't too surprised though when it wasn't in the OS stock.

I *WAS* however surprised that the only way to get calender reminders to repeat is via a third party application that doesn't quite work flawlessly at least for me... (BBAlerts) (seems to not repeat on calendar events in the default calendar)

Would be really nice to find a third party app to set the phone to silent when in a meeting.

Would be also nice to fix the storm bug so that you can have silent work when you have custom ringtones for some of your contacts too!
    12-08-08 02:13 AM
    I haven't heard of a app that does this however I have witnessed how that works and its a nice feature no doubt..

for now you might have to just remember to change the profile ;(

you might want to suggest this in the developers section of the forum..
    12-08-08 04:54 AM
    bump.. any programs that came out for the storm that does this?
    02-17-09 01:37 AM
    I'm looking for a similar program that switches the sound profile based on a scheduler/calendar, i.e.; at home, going to work, at work, etc.

AND/OR is GPS aware: sets the sound profile based on GPS. I.e.; The phone "knows" I'm at home, so set the sound profile to low-med ring volume.

Anybody know of anything for BlackBerry (Storm) that does this?
    02-19-09 12:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD