im on a mac. this is really annoying. all my albums are properly labelled with art, the individual files depict this as well. when the songs are transfered to the phone, i look at the files and they do not show album art. whats going on here?
    01-23-09 10:12 AM
    I believe it depends on how your artwork is associated with your music. Some artwork might be linked from iTunes to your music, but it's not actually embedded in your song file. When this has happened to me, i've been able to copy/paste the image from the internet to the song file in iTunes and it seems to stick then.
    01-23-09 10:22 AM
    well when i look at the individual files from the finder window. they all show that there is artwork in the file. but when i do the same to the imported music.. the files dont show the art.
    01-23-09 10:28 AM
    im on a mac. this is really annoying. all my albums are properly labelled with art, the individual files depict this as well. when the songs are transfered to the phone, i look at the files and they do not show album art. whats going on here?
    Get the script for embedding the artwork from Doug's AppleScripts. Sorry can't link until I get to 10 posts. Just go to "managing artwork" and you'll find it about half way down the page.
    01-23-09 10:36 AM
    If you go into itunes, right click on a song and bring up the tab that has the album info (not sure what the tab is called, but its where the lyrics,etc. are) - anyway, go to the album artwork right click on the picture, cut the picture then immediately paste the picture back, it will embed the artwork and transfer over.

Someone mentioned a program that might do this for you which might be better. I did it by hand, and it took about an hour for all my songs.
    01-23-09 10:49 AM
    yeah i was doing it byy hand but ill look for that apple script thanks!

edit: thanks a million it worked perfectly! for those that are interested here is the applescript Doug's AppleScripts for iTunes ♫ Embed Artwork v1.1
    most respect
    Last edited by backsidetailslide; 01-23-09 at 11:04 AM.
    01-23-09 10:53 AM
    Doug's Applescript is a superb help for iTunes users. I've got many of his scripts to manage my library. Doing it by hand will work, but if you've got a large library, it will quickly get tiring. With that script, you simply highlight/select your entire library and run the script from iTunes. Step back, have a cup of coffee and watch it do it's thing. Very nice script.
    01-23-09 11:06 AM
    Not a mac dude, but I just successfully synced up with itunes and downloaded 1000+ songs to my storm.

First, I downloaded the most current Desktop Manager from BB.com.
    Next, I used the "BB Media Sync" function, not the Media manager.

initially, I too had some Album Artwork populate and some did not. After a bit of tinkering, I found the solution!!!

After you click on the BB Media Sync function and connect your Storm, a syncronizatiion window pops up from which you can select playlists to download, and/or select auto-fill storage device. In the upper-right corner of this window is an "Options" menu. In the Options dialog box there is a button to download Album Artwork. Clicking on that button loads the artwork for all songs in your itunes to a separate association file. This took 3 or 4 minutes for my 3500 song titles.

The next time you sync, ALL your album art will be on your phone.

I'm not sure why I've been reading about so many different problems people have been having with Media Sync, the process has been virtually flawless for me, and I've experienced no problems on my Storm since doing so.
    01-27-09 10:13 AM
    Great advice! Didn't notice the "options" tab.

Not a mac dude, but I just successfully synced up with itunes and downloaded 1000+ songs to my storm.

First, I downloaded the most current Desktop Manager from BB.com.
    Next, I used the "BB Media Sync" function, not the Media manager.

initially, I too had some Album Artwork populate and some did not. After a bit of tinkering, I found the solution!!!

After you click on the BB Media Sync function and connect your Storm, a syncronizatiion window pops up from which you can select playlists to download, and/or select auto-fill storage device. In the upper-right corner of this window is an "Options" menu. In the Options dialog box there is a button to download Album Artwork. Clicking on that button loads the artwork for all songs in your itunes to a separate association file. This took 3 or 4 minutes for my 3500 song titles.

The next time you sync, ALL your album art will be on your phone.

I'm not sure why I've been reading about so many different problems people have been having with Media Sync, the process has been virtually flawless for me, and I've experienced no problems on my Storm since doing so.
    01-27-09 02:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD