I used media sync for my 8830 to sync to my I tunes playlists. This worked really well. However, when I hooked up the 9530 to the Media Sync, says that this device is not supported. Thought, well, I'll just download the latest version. Doh, it's the same version as I downloaded from blackberry the first time. Release date 7.23.2008 Hmmmm, are they going to update to a newer version so I can sync my storm to my i tunes playist?
    11-21-08 04:14 PM
    Mine told me to open desktop software in administrative mode and try. Any ideas how to do that?
    11-21-08 04:17 PM
    If you've got the icon on your desktop you can right click and the third option down is run as administrator.
    provided your on vista
    11-21-08 04:22 PM
    are we talking about the same thing? Blackberry Media Sync runs seperately from desktop manager. You probably installed the desktop manager with media manager. i don't use that one, i use the other one from the website called media sync it syncs directly from i tunes. I'm putting that space there because my office blocks anything with i tunes in it.
    11-21-08 04:32 PM
    I was talking about desktop manager. You need to run whatever program you need (media sync, explorer, browser, whatever) with administrator privileges. if you have an icon on your desktop for the program, you can right click it and choose run as administrator.
    If that isn't working, you can log in to the entire computer with administrator privileges, provided you are an admin on your machine.
    11-21-08 09:40 PM
    I was able to run Media Sync/Desktop manager in Admin mode, however when it was installing the Media Sync function it caused an error and closed. Any suggestions on how to get past that point?
    11-22-08 08:39 AM
    I was able to run Media Sync/Desktop manager in Admin mode, however when it was installing the Media Sync function it caused an error and closed. Any suggestions on how to get past that point?
    same problem here
    11-22-08 12:50 PM
    Mine told me to open desktop software in administrative mode and try. Any ideas how to do that?
    If you've got the icon on your desktop you can right click and the third option down is run as administrator.
    provided your on vista
    I have this problem too. Tried what was stated above and still nothing. I am the administer on my laptop.
    11-24-08 01:29 PM
    Still searching for an answer. Can't find it.
    Last edited by krispaintballz; 11-24-08 at 08:01 PM.
    11-24-08 07:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD