hello,

long time reader 1st time poster.

the new OS is just great, however there seems to be one problem. my music player doesnt play continuously sound wise, after the 1st song, the music player just mutes itself.

is this happening with anyone and is there a fix for this?

thank you for any help in advance.
    03-12-09 07:09 AM
    It happened to me on .76... now running .109 and it does not happen anymore.
    The only thing is that the volume level is "limited" and "distorted" at high levels if I don't reset my phone once in a while, but this issue happened to me on every OS release.
    Last edited by SX86; 03-12-09 at 09:37 AM.
    03-12-09 07:29 AM
    Yeah I am really unimpressed with the music player on my storm. They should have handled it better.
    03-12-09 08:00 AM
    I have no issues with my media player. Works as it should.
    03-12-09 08:01 AM
    No problems with mine... In fact i'm listening to it right now! I'm on the 9th or 10th song in the playlist. No problems whatsoever...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-12-09 04:40 PM
    I too have noticed this problem, I'm using winamp to transfer my music over, for the first time, and after just about every song, I have to load the media player and restart the song, which unmutes it and then it works for that song
    03-15-09 03:36 AM
    im running .109 and my music mutes when i receive a text, bbm or email...
    that could be it
    03-15-09 06:08 AM
    happens sometimes for me when im listening to my music shuffled. it mutes the next song until i realize it and then click the volume up button to fix it.

one really cool thing i noticed about .114(could be in other os im just not sure) is a very cool hands free feature.

while driving and listening to music via my storm through the speakers, everyone knows when you get a call the music pauses itself and you can answer. i was just curious and turned on speakerphone while driving and leaving the phone pluged into my stereo and the phone mic works while the sound from the speakerphone is just played loud and clear through your car speakers. thanks RIM for saving me $50 on a stupid bluetooth to abide by state driving laws
    03-15-09 01:29 PM
    Yeah there is a small bug with the media player in hybrid 114 / beta 114. The first song that I play is always muted. The only way to fix it is to pause the song and press play again.
    03-15-09 01:34 PM
    There is an option in the media player to Auto Stop the music when it sits idle for too long. Are you sure that is turned off? Also, some people have reported problems when the Audio boost is enabled. Try disabling it.

I have never had a problem with my media player and have used it since release and with all available leaked OS's.
    03-15-09 01:38 PM
    on the .114 hybrid and no issues at all!!! I LOVE THIS Release! DO THE .114 and then the hybrid!~

03-15-09 01:53 PM
    I had that issue on previous OS found that reloading all my songs helped. Hasn't done since. Kind of a PITA but beats have it happen.

03-15-09 07:37 PM
    It happened to me on .76... now running .109 and it does not happen anymore.
    The only thing is that the volume level is "limited" and "distorted" at high levels if I don't reset my phone once in a while, but this issue happened to me on every OS release.
    that happens after an alert sounds (any alert). Has something to do with loweing the volume so the alert doesn't blow your ears out, I think. Apparently, the volume never goes back to the higher level until you do a battery pull.... You'd think RIM would have fixed it by now........
    03-16-09 10:02 PM
    Yeah I am really unimpressed with the music player on my storm. They should have handled it better.
    I kind of like it aside from the volume issue. I'd like to see an iPhone play my xvids of "The Office" out of the box..........
    03-16-09 10:03 PM
    I'm running the .114 hybrid os and my music player works just fine. Just wish that I could find an app that turns on the backlight indefinitely when I've got the music player running. I've got BBlight 1.82 but it only works if you set it to stay on on external power and plug it in.
    03-16-09 11:42 PM
    I notice that the media player seems to have a built in compressor that dynamically changes the overall volume based on average volume samples. Especially when bass in a song hits, high frequencies reduction in volume is very noticable. It's like listening to a bad radio station that has been overly compressed. The music has already been compressed by the sound mixing engineer, I don't want the blackberry trying to change volumes. The EQ setting is off.

Is there a way to disable this dynamic volume compressor?
    03-17-09 12:17 AM
    When you pause the song and then continue playback using the physical Mute button up top, the song doesn't resume at the exact point - it skips back a few seconds in most cases.
    03-17-09 12:19 AM
    Mine mutes when I get a call, or text, if I clear them but dont mark them as read it will lower the volume.

If I put the phone the profile for the calls only it doesnt happen.
    03-17-09 10:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD