I've been having a problem with my media player. I recently uploaded about 500 songs onto my memory card. At first they were all detected and I could play the music without a problem, but after I did a battery pull to free up some memory, the storm will only detect about 50 of the songs. I pulled the battery again, but it didn't work. I'm running .85, is anyone else having this problem? Any thoughts?
    01-16-09 12:05 PM
    Jus for kicks try pulling out the sd card and put back in while phone is on.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-16-09 12:09 PM

What he said. I had the same problem and ended up pulling the battery for it all the time. All you need to do is take out your SD card while the phone is running, wait about 5-10 seconds, and put it back in. They should load up no problem
    01-16-09 12:34 PM
    if none of that works, try synchronizing your music via Windows Media Player. That made my music experience much nicer.
    01-16-09 01:00 PM
    Lastly, it could be that your card is going corrupt and needs to be reformatted. It's fairly common with SD cards.
    01-16-09 01:02 PM
    I agree with all of the above. Once again I haven't had any issues with this. Granted I only have about 30 songs on my Storm right now, but ever since I had to sync them in order to get them onto the Storm itself I yet to have any problems.
    01-16-09 01:11 PM
    Ok I'll try, thanks for the suggestions
    01-16-09 01:35 PM
    Transfer the songs using windows media player sync (or any other program that uses MTP (media transfer protocol)), but make sure it is NOT in mass storage mode when you do it. This way the storm doesn't have to do the (at best hit and miss) scan for the music on the media card. The only problem here is that for some reason I can't figure out, WMP will not add .m4a music files it's library and hence the device (or that might just be me).
    01-16-09 01:58 PM
    A little off-topic, but is it possible to create playlists with the Blackberry Media Player? How does one do this?
    01-16-09 02:48 PM
    A little off-topic, but is it possible to create playlists with the Blackberry Media Player? How does one do this?
    Yes and it's quite easy. Just go into your music and highlight any song, album, artist, etc and hit the BB buttom. Choose add to Playlist. And either add to an existing playlist or create a new one.
    01-16-09 03:49 PM

cool... that worked for me. I was stuck on thinking the media player had trouble reading and properly sorting through the track information. I'll format the card next if this keeps happening. Have a spare 2GB to try as well.
    01-17-09 08:50 AM

Yep this helped me also whenever I had this problem. As always the cb community comes to the rescue.
    01-17-09 09:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD