I have had it with this crap. EVERY TIME I try to transfer media from my computer to my Storm, media manager locks up. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall. I have installed from the BB site. I have the most recent version.

Does anyone have any suggestions for getting media on the blackberry?
    12-22-08 08:28 PM
    A lot of people do not use the media manager, and just plug in device and drag and drop.
    12-22-08 08:29 PM
    Just move stuff to the Media Card by utilizing Mass Storage mode. Easy. Work smart, not hard.
    12-22-08 08:29 PM
    A lot of people do not use the media manager, and just plug in device and drag and drop.
    i'll second that
    12-22-08 08:30 PM
    I'll third that....
    12-22-08 08:33 PM
    I have instructions posted at bbstorm.info - click How-to, then transfer files.
    12-22-08 08:45 PM
    Follow the above advice. DM is a headache. Enable mass storage and do it yourself...muuuuuch simpler.
    12-22-08 09:44 PM
    so much easier
    media manager is weak sauce
    12-29-08 03:00 AM
    I mentioned this in some other thread, but I use Media Monkey. It's really streamlined, works well with the storm, and is CRUCIAL for retrieving album art.
    12-29-08 06:01 AM
    Zegolf,

I've been using MediaMonkey for a while, but I can't get it paired with the Storm's SD card. I'm only picking up the device memory. Can you assist?

Boris
    12-30-08 10:14 AM
    I have tried to drop video files onto the media card and it never works. How do I enable mass media storage?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-08 10:19 AM
    I have tried to drop video files onto the media card and it never works. How do I enable mass media storage?

go to options>memory and set it like this..

12-30-08 10:23 AM
    Thx bro. I'm gonna try and add a video now.

12-30-08 10:31 AM
    Will the drag and drop, also apply to album art?
    12-30-08 10:34 AM
    Will the drag and drop, also apply to album art?
    I use media monkey on my pc to do the album art tag and set all of my mp3 volume levels the same, once the art is tagged to the song, it will show on your BB with just a drag and drop, I can't use the sync or I end up with Jonas Brothers and Hannah Montana on my BB.
    12-30-08 10:41 AM
    I rip all my CDs with Media Player and retrieve album info and art prior to the rip. It's embedded in the mp3 files and then I can easily just copy the folders over to the Storm via Mass Storage... why are you peeps making this so hard?
    12-30-08 10:44 AM
    I like Media Monkey, too. Rip, retrieve album art, and then sync directly into Blackberry2/Music using Mass Storage Mode. If you don't want Hannah Montana, use the sync selection method instead of Auto Sync.
    12-30-08 11:34 AM
    I use media monkey on my pc to do the album art tag and set all of my mp3 volume levels the same, once the art is tagged to the song, it will show on your BB with just a drag and drop, I can't use the sync or I end up with Jonas Brothers and Hannah Montana on my BB.
    How do you tag the album art with media monkey?
    I used it and only got the music to my storm with no album art.
    12-31-08 02:46 AM
    This is how I do it, kinda a pain, but once you do it to the initial 5000 songs on your pc it gets easier..

All the info is from the Lifehacker Blog, nice, very nice.
    part 1
    Alpha Geek: Whip your MP3 library into shape, Part I - Level the volume
    part 2
    Alpha Geek: Whip your MP3 library into shape, Part II - Album art
    part 3
    Alpha Geek: Whip your MP3 library into shape, Part III: Metadata
    media monkey
    MediaMonkey Free Media Jukebox, Music Manager, CD Ripper & Converter

This is what you get after a drag and drop..

More than anything, the best part of all of that is leveling the volume from song to song..
    12-31-08 09:40 AM
    I guess I'm just missing something......followed all the steps and got the abum art on all the albums on my laptop. Went to sync one of them to see if the album art would transfer with it to my storm and it didn't. Don't know where to turn now, guess it just wasn't for me to do.

Any other suggestions?
    01-03-09 12:11 AM
    Media mangager works great for me lol

01-03-09 12:14 AM
    Ill third it!
    01-03-09 12:15 AM
    All my PC based music is lossless AALC so I use dbPowerAMP batch convertor to move to a sub directory on the PC for BB music. Beyond Compare will easily show me any differences between the BB and the PC library and easily reconcile them.

I've used TagScanner to handle Album Art.

I'll definitely give Media Monkey a try though.
    Last edited by jccorbi; 01-06-09 at 01:35 PM. Reason: Add link
    01-06-09 01:33 PM
    I use MP3Tag to embed the album art. It is probably the easiest Metatag program out there, and it's free.

Mp3tag - the universal Tag Editor (ID3v1, ID3v2, APEv2)
    01-06-09 01:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD