I was looking for a way to more conveniently organize my mp3's on my BB and wanted to try and do it through DM. Before, all I've been doing was just editing ID3 tags which is painstaking at best. So I plug in my Berry, fire up DM, and the Media Manager section is grayed out.

To clarify, I can click on Media just fine, and it presents me with two options: to sync with iTunes or whatever, and Manage Media.

Also note that when I click to sync it downloads an update and crashes immediately. Would this have somethign to do with having to play around with DM a bit to install .85?
    12-31-08 08:34 PM
    I had the same problem. Go to BB's site and make sure you download the DM with Media Manager included. Name of file should be something like 470_b050_multilanguage.exe or 470_b050_english.exe if you have v4.7. Hope this helps...
    01-04-09 04:25 PM
    For the Sync crashing: I had that problem too and downloading Media Sync seperately worked.

I also have the problem with the grayed-out media manager but I use Mass Storage mode and that works fine
    01-04-09 04:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD