Ever since I have installed the BB Desktop Manager, the Media Manager part start icon is dark and not usable is that normal?? I wish I could control and have better control of what goes on and what doesn't when I sychronize.

Also, when sychronizing, any suggestions for people who have been longer users of BB? It just isn't always user friendly to change the sychonizing rules.
    02-15-09 05:33 PM
    This is a known problem. Keep searching. Lots of folks do this to sync their iPOD music onto their BBs - does work, but it can cost you a little time and effort. If you are using Vista on your PC, it can give you a headache - may be better to go to the RIM site and download and install Media Sync as a SEPARATE app (ie. not under your Desktop Manager, but in place of it or in parallel with it.)

Doctor Neutron
    02-15-09 05:40 PM
    I still find it difficult getting pictures on the Storm. Esp. Through media manager. Any quick how to's?
    02-15-09 06:57 PM
    Ever since I have installed the BB Desktop Manager, the Media Manager part start icon is dark and not usable is that normal??
    Haven't yet tried the Media Sync that Doc recommends... probably worth checking it out.

I did have similar problem with the start icon... I suggest you read through a thread by wgibbs on 11-26-08, in the the 3rd party apps forum....

Attached is a pic of my post in that thread... I'd give ya link, but I am still a bit shy of my 10th post, and thus, I am unable to insert it at this time.
    02-15-09 08:11 PM
    I still find it difficult getting pictures on the Storm. Esp. Through media manager. Any quick how to's?
    Media manager is so clunky (IMO) that I usually just turn on MTP (usb mass storage mode) and just navigate the filesystem that way...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-09 08:31 PM
    I have this problem I just treat the storm as a USB drive and put stuff in that way.
    02-15-09 09:32 PM
    i dont even use desktop manager, i just drag n drop to the media card folder.
    02-15-09 10:55 PM
    Not sure what you mean about that? Drag and drop to that folder?
    02-16-09 12:26 PM
    Not sure what you mean about that? Drag and drop to that folder?
    It means you can navigate the media card just like any other folder/drive on your computer. So you can drag media files from your hard drive and drop them on your media card.
    02-16-09 12:50 PM
    That must be why two blackberries pop up on "my computer"
    02-16-09 02:35 PM
    That must be why two blackberries pop up on "my computer"
    One of them is your BB's onboard memory, the other is the media card
    02-16-09 02:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD