Im having trouble getting rid of this password prompt for the media card. This only occurs when the device is rebooted and is more of a pain in the hind end. I have reformatted the card on my pc and then on the device as suggested in another post regarding this issue. Can anyone advise?

Thanks
    05-29-09 09:38 AM
    Set encription mode to None in Memory screen under Options.
    05-29-09 09:44 AM
    It is set to none.
    05-29-09 10:02 AM
    Are you sure its the password prompt for the media card and not for the device?

Maybe its the SIM card pin code that keeps coming up. Try going into options > advanced options > sim card > and then hit the BB button and disable security.

if you followed jrsccivic's advice and its still coming up, it probably isn't a prompt for the media card. Do you have to enter a password when you install a third party app on your phone?
    05-29-09 10:30 AM
    Are you sure its the password prompt for the media card and not for the device?

Maybe its the SIM card pin code that keeps coming up. Try going into options > advanced options > sim card > and then hit the BB button and disable security.

if you followed jrsccivic's advice and its still coming up, it probably isn't a prompt for the media card. Do you have to enter a password when you install a third party app on your phone?
    Here is what it says:

A media card has been inserted that cannot be read. Please enter the password to unlock the card:
    05-29-09 06:58 PM
    as jrsccivic9 said, that sounds like an encryption password prompt for your media card. i know you said its set to no but to check again : device options > memory > encryption should be none.

If that doesn't work, you might need to format the memory card.

Remove the memory card.
    Format it using a computer.
    Place it back in the phone.
    Format it on the device as well.

It shouldn't give you that prompt again.
    06-02-09 01:17 PM
    as jrsccivic9 said, that sounds like an encryption password prompt for your media card. i know you said its set to no but to check again : device options > memory > encryption should be none.

If that doesn't work, you might need to format the memory card.

Remove the memory card.
    Format it using a computer.
    Place it back in the phone.
    Format it on the device as well.

It shouldn't give you that prompt again.
    Still no luck. This only began when I switched to .141 and now continues on .148. Not sure what to do. Guess ill have to live with it. Any one else?
    06-02-09 09:56 PM
    Hmmmm. In order to troubleshoot this correctly. Have you tried placing a different memory card and seeing if your device displays the same prompt?

I'm hoping someone else will jump in soon because i'm running out of ideas!
    06-02-09 11:04 PM
    Security Wipe will fix this if it's a corrupt setting.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-09 11:10 PM
    Thanks JRSCcivic98...
    06-03-09 11:12 AM
    this same thing happened to me. this is what you have to do:
    go to options>memory
    then click on encryption mode and selece security password. so enter a new password and save it. then go back to options>memory and click encryption mode again and select none. then save and exit and it worked for me! hope it works for you
    12-09-09 07:43 PM
    How to Unlock SD Card Password
    Now open the browser app and after that, you will have to press 0 on the keypad. This allows you to check system files.
    Then you will have to look for the file named mmcstore which you will find in the system folder.
    After finding it, open it with an editor and look for a code TMSD02G.
    Now just delete that code and you ready to reset your password for SD card.

hey i have follow this process it didn't work for me , then i tried this article on memory card password which worked for me hope this will help.
    09-20-16 01:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD