I did a search, found no help.

Tonight my storm froze up in "lock"mode so I took out the battery and put it back in. I did not touch the media card.

When I turn my phone back in, I get the following message:

"A media card has been inserted that contains errors. To correct the errors, please use a disk error-checking utility on a computer."

Any help? Should I just sync with DM?

Thanks in advance for your help!
    12-24-08 11:25 PM
    Yes, Just connect it to a computer with the usb cable. Enable Mass storage mode on the phone (options>memory>mass storage support on & auto enable set to prompt or on)

Then it will show up on your computer. Right click> properties>look for scan for errors.

If you are using Vista the computer should prompt you automatically to scan the card.
    12-24-08 11:42 PM
    Yes, Just connect it to a computer with the usb cable. Enable Mass storage mode on the phone (options>memory>mass storage support on & auto enable set to prompt or on)

Then it will show up on your computer. Right click> properties>look for scan for errors.

If you are using Vista the computer should prompt you automatically to scan the card.
    I went into options and I already had mass storage support on. I set the auto enable to "prompt"

What shows up on my computer? Right now, I have F drive and H drive, but where am I suppose to right click? I'm confused.
    12-24-08 11:47 PM
    I did scan for errors. Now do I just do a battery pull?

All 500 songs on my card still appear to be gone, even though I see them on the desktop.
    12-25-08 12:00 AM
    Did the error check! Resynced via DM and I was good to go.

What would people do without Crackberry.com forums?

Thanks!
    12-25-08 12:08 AM
    Did you unplug your Storm from the computer without first clicking the "remove media" icon? From the description of your problem, that's what it sounds like.
    12-25-08 12:22 AM
    Im having the same problem, yes it is a result of un-pluging it prematurely. So I have done everything listed here, blackberry.com also said you could format the card, but the storm dosent have that option in the options menu. but even after going thru disk check twice on both disks and numerous battery pulls i'm still getting that damn message. Any Ideas?
    All and any help is greatly appriciated
    12-27-08 08:34 PM
    Im having the same problem, yes it is a result of un-pluging it prematurely. So I have done everything listed here, blackberry.com also said you could format the card, but the storm dosent have that option in the options menu. but even after going thru disk check twice on both disks and numerous battery pulls i'm still getting that damn message. Any Ideas?
    All and any help is greatly appriciated
    Ditto. I reloaded DM. And everything else. It is a hug PITA if I need to reformat and reload card.
    01-09-09 02:15 PM
    OK PC did find errors on card. I let it auto repair. Card is up and running again. But a section of the memory was buggered. At least I can do a proper backup and then reformat. And yes - I learned my lesson. Stop the device first.
    01-09-09 02:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD