Everytime I try to bring up my Blackberry drive it shows Blackberry 1 and Blackberry 2 but when I open it up there are no media folders or any folders for that matter. I'm trying to drag file from my pc folder of a converted movie to the blackberry file in windows manager, but it wont allow me as there are no folders.
    05-28-09 09:20 PM
    Have you enabled mass storage mode on your phone?
    05-28-09 09:25 PM
    Did you enable mass storage mode on the device when the prompt appeared?
    05-28-09 09:25 PM
    sounds like you havent formatted the media card in the phone yet.
    05-28-09 09:26 PM
    how do I format it? I was never aware that I had to.
    05-28-09 10:37 PM
    Should be options, memory, press menu button, format

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-09 10:43 PM
    I just reformatted everything, and still the same. When I connect the BB Device to the PC via USB I get a pop up window that shows Blackberry1( L: )

when I double click that, it's completely blank, there are no folders in there.
    05-28-09 10:49 PM
    I just reformatted everything, and still the same. When I connect the BB Device to the PC via USB I get a pop up window that shows Blackberry1( L: )

when I double click that, it's completely blank, there are no folders in there.
    When you plug the device in does it prompt you to enable mass storage mode?
    05-28-09 11:01 PM
    When you plug the device in does it prompt you to enable mass storage mode?

No it does not. My MSM is enabled though.
    05-28-09 11:04 PM
    No it does not. My MSM is enabled though.
    Okay with the device not plugged in the pc does it let you browse the media card? Media>menu>explore>media card?
    05-28-09 11:13 PM
    Okay with the device not plugged in the pc does it let you browse the media card? Media>menu>explore>media card?
    Yes I get 3 options, Media Card, Device Memory, or System
    05-28-09 11:16 PM
    This is exactly why the Storm cannot compete with the iPhone on a consumer level.

I've never used an iPhone, but here's what I bet happens - you plug it into your computer and you see everything on your device connected on iTunes. No mass media mode, no searching through different drives or folders, etc.
    05-28-09 11:29 PM
    This is exactly why the Storm cannot compete with the iPhone on a consumer level.

I've never used an iPhone, but here's what I bet happens - you plug it into your computer and you see everything on your device connected on iTunes. No mass media mode, no searching through different drives or folders, etc.
    WTF .... where did this come from?
    05-29-09 01:11 AM
    ^^^not quite sure but getting back on topic. To the OP did you ever get this to work? It might be the usb drivers on your computer. With the phone installed go to your windows device manager and right-click on blackberry smartphone. Select uninstall, unplug your phone from the PC. Reboot the PC. Then plug the phone back in and let it reinstall the drivers over again. see if this helps...
    05-29-09 01:33 AM
    Ok, I think we're getting close here. After I had browsed the device manager for the driver it had an exclamation mark over it. I tried to update driver using the CD but it wouldnt update, said that it couldn't find anything to update it with. Any suggestions?
    05-29-09 11:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD