Okay I'm a BB newb but what I don't understand is if my phones dying and I need to make a call. I can't. I'm so screwed if I'm like out in the middle of no where without my charger and it's dying. I'm SCREWED. I find that so worthless. Yeah cut back on internet and everything else but can't call or text? If someone could explain why they do that? Who wants to carry there charger everywhere? RIM make a charger belt or something if your gonna do that. LOL

Oh idk what causes it but randomly I'll see the little storm thing show up in the background. Is that random or?

My YouTube app is dumb every other video has a problem with viewing but if I go to YouTube from my Browser it's fine.? Anyone know what's causing that?

So Storm users don't get a Application finder till like March 09? What's up with that? My friends have Android G1 and they have this little application finder that is pretty cool. Can't wait till we get it =] G1 also get's WiFi boosts

Maybe one day..... lawl
    01-02-09 06:00 AM
    Ya know what's funny? We're all so "SCREWED" and absolutely PANICKED at the though of being even 10 feet away from our homes and <GASP!!!> not having a working cell phone?!?!?!?

Can anyone remember only a very short time ago when these things didn't exist? How did we ever manage???? (that last question was sarcasm by the way) ;-)
    01-02-09 06:14 AM
    I just want my click back.
    01-02-09 06:26 AM
    Dude I'm about to use my Storm as a hockey puck

I'm getting so freaking aggrivated with the stupid battery

Idk if it's my battery or just all of them but it's NOT charging even though it's plugged in ZOMFGG!!!
    01-02-09 06:30 AM
    Take it back....get a new one.....done.
    01-02-09 06:32 AM
    I already took it to them.

It took them 3 hours to decide to reset it back to default settings and all that >:O

So got home everyhting was fine and now today. It doesn't want to charge

Is there a reason when battery is RED on phone that it isn't able to charge? I'm not going through breaking in my phone again

I REFUSE

DOESN'T WORK!!!!
    01-02-09 06:34 AM
    To OP, remember that if you are in the middle of nowhere then chances are your phone is working hard to maintain hold of a signal. The weaker the signal the more battery power is used to maintain a connection. Not a sermon, just a thought.
    01-02-09 06:34 AM
    Wow my phone is Blinking that green/yellow color dying signal
    Battery is LOW and RED
    At 5% battery
    Radio still ON
    Plugged in wall but not CHARGING

WHAT THE EFFFFF
    01-02-09 06:47 AM
    If it's genuinely not charging then I wouldn't bother trying to find a solution here. I would call Verizon and arrange for a replacement immediately.
    01-02-09 06:49 AM
    I'm definitely going to go smash some heads today

I've never been so mad at such a beautiful phone =|

YAY FOR HAVING TO SWITCH EVERYTHING FROM DEFAULT!!! UGHHH
    01-02-09 06:51 AM
    Just remember that it's not the Storm in general. Unfortunately no matter what the device, there will always be a certain amount of defective units produced. Especially in the early days of any device.
    01-02-09 06:53 AM
    You have to wait for an application finder?

I'm on Vodafone and have a thing called 'application centre' that I can refresh and it gives me a list of applications.. don't you guys have this yet?
    01-02-09 06:58 AM
    You have to wait for an application finder?

I'm on Vodafone and have a thing called 'application centre' that I can refresh and it gives me a list of applications.. don't you guys have this yet?
    Verizon does offer that but it is very limited, as I suspect yours is. He is referring to the full blown Apps store that is promised in March.
    01-02-09 07:02 AM
    01-02-09 07:05 AM
    Leaving the storm to go back to curve this week...waiting for Storm 2 because the bugs in this one drive me insane...not worth it
    01-02-09 08:28 AM
    Leaving the storm to go back to curve this week...waiting for Storm 2 because the bugs in this one drive me insane...not worth it
    I know a couple ppl going back to the curve. It's such a solid device. I hope storm 2 is a winner.
    01-02-09 08:58 AM
    I had the same problem every now and then with battery life. What I did was let it run all the way down, to where it COMPLETELY died and the handheld was turned off. Then I put it on the charger and made sure the green light was flashing. It has increased my battery life. Also, sometimes its your outlet that is a little funny. Try another outlet. Hope this helps!
    01-02-09 10:44 AM

1. Speak English, I hate reading r*t@rd speak.

2. Charge your phone nightly. If it still doesn't hold a charge, you need to get an appropriately functioning replacement. If that's still insufficient, you may want to look inwardly and question how much daily abuse you're putting your phone through.

3. Complaining about seeing a random little storm thing show up in the background without offering further description or pictures is useless.

4. The YouTube app obviously needs tweaking. The phone came out at the end of November. You were already expecting perfection with all 3rd party apps?

5. The phone came out at the end of November. You were already expecting an AppStore as impressive as that of Apple's?

6. If you needed wifi, you shouldn't have been looking at this device. I just don't get how people buy this device knowing it lacks wifi and would then complain about it. It's like walking into a dealership and purchasing a car knowing full well it doesn't come with 4WD. And then spending every waking moment moaning about it.........
    01-02-09 11:06 AM
    If you haven't already noticed, this is a common problem but only with SOME Storms. Take a look around these boards and you will see several threads dedicated to Storm batteries.

The key to getting a new Storm seems to be CALL Verizon. Call again if they aren't helpful. Eventually someone will replace your device. If they tell you to go into the store, say you did, it didn't work and you want to be accelerated UP THE TECH LADDER!

I personally don't see why they won't give you a new battery to try. When my original little pearl had some trouble they just handed me a new battery and said take it. Good luck!
    01-02-09 11:08 AM
    Okay I'm a BB newb but what I don't understand is if my phones dying and I need to make a call. I can't. I'm so screwed if I'm like out in the middle of no where without my charger and it's dying. I'm SCREWED. I find that so worthless. Yeah cut back on internet and everything else but can't call or text? If someone could explain why they do that? Who wants to carry there charger everywhere? RIM make a charger belt or something if your gonna do that. LOL

Oh idk what causes it but randomly I'll see the little storm thing show up in the background. Is that random or?

My YouTube app is dumb every other video has a problem with viewing but if I go to YouTube from my Browser it's fine.? Anyone know what's causing that?

So Storm users don't get a Application finder till like March 09? What's up with that? My friends have Android G1 and they have this little application finder that is pretty cool. Can't wait till we get it =] G1 also get's WiFi boosts

Maybe one day..... lawl

may I make a suggestion from a satisfied Storm user? Read the FORUM posts. My Storm was going to be a hockey puck untill I discovered Crackberry.

I downloaded You Tube and promptly deleted it when it wouldn't close and I got that red battery signal of DEATH. If you want to conserve on Battery Power eliminate all the apps that run all the time. "READ" it's here on the FORUMS. Go to "switch applications" and close everything you aren't using.

I came from the PALM and it was a bear trying to learn BB. No logic in BB but I am a personal user. I love my Storm now but it took a while to familiarize myself with BB.

Go out to the rest of the FORUM and "Read Baby Read"

George
    01-02-09 11:52 AM
    just do what MOST of us do with smartphones...buy an extra battery and all problems solved. im running .85 and with heavy internet and flycast use i get 1 day outa of it but i always makesure i carry my spare battery.
    01-02-09 12:43 PM
    when the battery is in the red it takes a while for the charge to start being shown, at least thats what i have gathered from everyone else's experiences. i avoid this by charging nightly until the bolt disappears from the battery icon and also charging if im just sitting around. my phone never goes below 50%, if that, with heavy use in a day. so i would say it could possibly be your battery, or you leaving applications open that eat up battery life. try getting a new battery. and i also have a friend with a g1, and while there are apps for it, android has been building itself for quite sometime now... and i think the storm is much more superior than the g1. everything needs to be re-written code-wise for the storms touch/click interface, and when developers start creating apps you will see a rush of them. patience is a virtue, especially when your the user of a new device like this.
    01-02-09 01:37 PM
    Yeah passtheflask I understand. I rather Storm over G1 anyday. I love my phone to death I just have to realize that it's THIS phone and not ALL of them. I'm gonna smash some heads today at VZW and see what I can get.

And as to asmallchild:

I was asking why it just randomly showed up I wasnt b1tch1ng about it or anything I just wondering what caused it or if it was just random

Your # 4,5,6 are just worthless to me. That's not even what I was saying.. Thanks anyways

I charge my phone every night before I go to bed. I'm just gonna get a new one.

Does anyone know when or if we Storm users are gonna be getting new themes?
    Last edited by hogge; 01-02-09 at 04:19 PM.
    01-02-09 04:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD